Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Mann Lake rep here on BSource?

Darn, u r in tuff shape in more than one way. I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe Brian could lend you a hand?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by lakebilly View Post
    How would this unit connect to heater? It is a 110.
    By one of the relay outputs. You will need a thermocouple and special wire to sense the temperature. Provisions would have to be made to mount the thermocouple.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

Quote Originally Posted by Acebird View Post
    For some reason he is not here, no where to be seen. I suspect he is done venting and realized he is as much to blame as the equipment.
    What does this mean? & directed @ whom?
    Rmns 1:16/Prv.3:5,6/ Beegan BK May 09/ Zone 5b
    I have NOT failed. I have only found many many ways that do not work!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    And now you know why alot of honey packers use hot water heat from a boiler, modulated by a zone valve or capillary controlled valve, to heat their honey.
    There is no reason why a small guy couldn't use an electric hot water tank and do the same thing. You could even do it with LP gas using an RV hot water tank. The heat source doesn't matter what matters is the control.
    Brian Cardinal

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=106

How would this unit connect to heater? It is a 110.
    The product linked above has an instruction manual available at the link, and I have also provided a direct link to that instruction manual.

To control the power for the bottling tank heater, see the wiring diagram Figure #11 shown in the manual. Note that in addition to the PID Temperature Controller itself, you will need a separate external relay/contactor to control the power to the bottling tank heater. The PID Controller internal relay can only handle 3 amps, and your bottling tank draws more power than that, so the external relay is needed.

Figure 4 covers the thermocouple (temperature sensor) wiring.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Your body is more of a fire hazard than honey is.
    I don't think so. My body is 98% water unless I have had a couple three Manhattans.
    Now I'm wondering what procedures are in order to prevent Spontaneous Human Combustion.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

post # 66 is on target.

You don't need anything special for a temp probe. All it needs to be is a K type, and if you have a 1/4"NPT port you can use this one High Pressure Adjustable Regulator with Type 1 Connection Listed LP Hose or if not this one will work fine http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...products_id=56 both have 6ft of wire to get to the pid controller. While I was at it I would use one of the alarm outputs say pin 5. Now you have a good controller with and an alarm. This is the relay I would use unless you need more than 25 amp capacity. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=9 and it gets better you can add the flashing buzzer for the alarm http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=215 All in all I think you would have a very good control system for under a $100, then add the heating element which I'm sure with a little research you could get for $100. Problem fixed for $200 the price Mann Lake wants for just the element.

Greg
    Last edited by LanduytG; 08-26-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Note that if one were to choose to use the relay identified by LanduytG in post #88, the wiring diagram in Figure #10 (of the PID instruction manual) is the correct one to use. (The "SSR" shown in Figure #10 is a 'Solid State Relay' and expects a low voltage DC control input, which is available at terminals #6 and #7 of the PID.)
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I bought a excalibur crossbow & scope 6 years ago. The scope messed up, and I emailed the company about getting my scope repaired. The next day I recieved a repair number, and a address on where to send my 6 year old scope. Five days after mailing my scope for repair I recieve a brand new scope. This is the way to pass your business on to the next generation. It does cost to do business the right way, but the return in advetisment out ways the cost.

I had same experience w/Bushnell. they didn't care when or how long. it was their product & they stood behind it. very rare. guess what? I buy Bushnell scopes/binos.

That's OK for a business with plenty of "fat" built into their profit margin. They can afford to do the extra, plus the good profits they make off each customer are an incentive to invest in them.

But times are changing, things are not what they once were, globalisation has meant margins are falling in some sectors.
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Ace wrote:

There is no reason why a small guy couldn't use an electric hot water tank and do the same thing.

You may find that in the long run, electricity and water wash downs do not mix. There are non electric controls that work well, do not have delicate thermocouple wires, and can be liberally hosed. It is a matter of choice. I choose the robust.

Crazy Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I choose the robust.

Crazy Roland
    I would too if I were a large company with many employees using the equipment. But for myself I do what is most economical.
    Brian Cardinal

I had same experience w/Bushnell. they didn't care when or how long. it was their product & they stood behind it.
    Who is the manufacturer of the bottling tank that you had problems with?
    Brian Cardinal

I don't think so. My body is 98% water unless I have had a couple three Manhattans.
    Acebird .... IMHO...
    This explains a lot of your posts over the past few years.

I'm very glad for this post at least I have a reason to buy Maxant. Even if the part is not American made can at least call Maxant and find out what will fit.If they have the part in stock he is only an hour away at least I can ride to go get it.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134
    Last edited by Jim 134; 08-28-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA.
    http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Russ, I would be happy to look at it and see if a Maxant one would fit. And anytime you need equipment I would be happy to see if I can earn your business in some way. I know you are busy and the free shipping is nice, but I think having a local person you can work with would go a long way towards out weighting the free shipping. I really just need to know the hole size and thread count if you are interested in replacing the whole unit. Like Mark, I have had great success with my Maxant equipment. But I don't leave it on for long periods on time. Let me know if I can help in some way.

Mark. I did not, & should have back when it happened last season. I get focused on so many things I lose track of time & spent conversations.
    I am going to sugar dust my bees. I have wet boxes & crystallized honey supers that I am going to put on @ some point.

My uncapper developed a leak last year & 47 medium supers sat in my shop till I put 32 of them on hives I could get to in Feb. saved my bees. I had zero honey last year & no time to fix my uncapper till two weeks ago, & install new motor on my extractor. I am a shinola shuffling disaster dealing captain of chaos. I moved, had surgery & now have a hernia....axe me what day it is or what my name is.
    Ben
    Hungry Bear Farms, www.HungryBearFarms.com Beekeeping Supplies and More...!

Ben, I have been meaning to look at it & post the manufacturer. I would like to know if it can be repaired. It really has very few hours on it. I just finished getting my hay in (only broke the baler twice). I only got on the computer to see if I could find out how much confectionery sugar is needed per hive so I can dust my bees. Because I am not mechanically inclined to fix or know what is being discussed here I haven't visited this post in a while. I wish I had the time to vet all the suggestions. This site needs a discretionary editor to delete the rif raf that accumulates. I wish your attitude about customer service was the norm....it used to be.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345