Default under the dog house

Got the call and went over at 1st I could not even see the dog house, took me an hour just to cut away the brush to see it, went back the next morning to start cutting up the building, nice pooch house, 5 by 8 with a front porch roofed also, too heavy to roll so had to go, did get 3-5 gallon buckets of comb and honey.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: under the dog house

after a few weeks and some feeding I went in and found the queen (didnt see her in that big removal) and brood pattern in very good
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeep View Post
    after a few weeks and some feeding I went in and found the queen (didnt see her in that big removal) and brood pattern in very good
    Awesome cut out Zookeep. That queen is a beauty! With that many bees did they get at all pissy?
    Colino
    But every sunday afternoon he is a dirt track demon
    In a '57 chevrolet- Jim Croce

Now thats a hive!!! Great population!! That Queen is something else! Pretty and prolific!! I'm courious too. Very defensive??
    3 hives/2 nucs

Nice.

Reminds me of my younger (now age 24) daughter's first sting...from a yellow jacket, at age 4. She had stepped out to the patio barefooted and stepped on a YJ. It made her mad and there were other YJs nearby, so she tracked them to their nest under the dog house. She started throwing dirt clods at the entrance and got stung again, on the cheek, then ran in demanding I kill "those bad bees". 1 can of Raid later, she was happy. She wasn't worried about her stings, but now as an adult she is very reluctant to go near my bees and watch me work.

Awesome removal and the bees look quite numerous. Purdy queen.

actually they are very calm, when I went in for the 1st inspection I forgot my smoker at the house so went in anyways and only had 1 mad bee, few head butts but other then that great hive.