Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To make it real

Default To make it real

Here is a post for those who dare.

Treatment free beekeepers with their bees, in same picture.Tarha ja hoitaja 2.JPG
    Treatment free, honey production, isolation mated queens, www.saunalahti.fi/lunden/varroakertomus.html

Default Re: To make it real

LOL, now we know it's been true the whole time!

I met Alan at Taupo, he said he had just enjoyed a fantastic holiday. He also told me a certain prominent TF beekeeper & queen breeder may be moving to NZ. I hope so that will be very interesting.
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Good, I thought this would make it more scientific.
    It is so easy to speak about bees, they might be invented, they might not even be yours.
    Treatment free, honey production, isolation mated queens, www.saunalahti.fi/lunden/varroakertomus.html

Hey Folks, what are you afraid? I really wanted to see a picture of all the keen TF beekeepers on this forum.

Lots of pictures of the Lusby´s on their yards, Tim Ives has some videos as I do, but com´on Mike Bispham, Salomon Parker, Michael Bush, squarepeg, deknow, Fusion Power, WLC, rhaldrigde etc.

It would make a fine advertisement for TF beekeeping. All the faces and bees on same picture, around the world.

Okay,
    Here are Pix of my experimental TF yard. This experiment has been in operation since 2002. It receives swarms captured out of a state park and wilderness area. It is not successful.
    Overview -- 8 hives present today. (2 perished this past month)

Landscape from the yard, the field below is a hybrid seed production field, carried blooming Cauliflower x Broccoli through the early summer.

Myself inspecting a 2013 hive, that overwintered 10 frame medium foundationless, from a Big Sur (south coast ridge road) swarm trap.
    This hive built up through May-June, but starting mid-July is showing Mite Syndrome, just after this pix was take I broke down the hive to avoid a rob out. Now I box tall.

nice pics all! i'll see what i can come up with juhani.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Scary JWC!
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Here is me with Michael Bush's bees, two birds with one stone: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QX8cpVe28JI/Tg9oS2v84oI/AAAAAAAABuY/a1tkQfiIwek/s1600/Topbar.JPG

I'll post a picture of myself with my new yard when I get it set up.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Fantastic!

Thank you JWChesnut and Salomon Parker!

If you want to hear my voice, you can listen to the podcast.

You'll be disappointed.

With the voice, hopefully not the podcast. I have a face for radio and a voice for fast food drive-through.

It is Internet -world we are living in.

You have to make yourself available, heard and seen to others. That is the fact. I never followed any discussion forums untill October 2013. Then I realized, just by accident, that beekeepers in Sweden were thinking that my TF experiment has failed, because I don´t shout it loud in different forums.

In Internet world all knowledge is available to everybody. This means that unless you provide all information to others, you are nothing. People think there is something wrong with you.

Salomon Parker and JWChesnut are now more real to me. For some mysterious reason I believe in them more than I did before, because they followed this rule of giving all information.

And it is the other way round. When a beekeeper does not provide all asked information, he or she becomes nobody, gradually. Pictures have strong influence.

With no small measure of guilt, i admit that i can't get enough of the photographs people so generously post here. I just love them to bits, and find them to be very inspiring. People don't photograph something unless they think it's important ...

Reading is more a challenge for me, but i do try ...

Thanks for the thread. I hope more people post their treatment free apiaries here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Juhani Lunden View Post
    Salomon Parker and JWChesnut are now more real to me. For some mysterious reason I believe in them more than I did before, because they followed this rule of giving all information.
    So my pouring forth of information, the likes of which is never seen from anyone else in this forum, didn't lead you to believe me? The blogs, the website, the podcast, nothing? You had to have a picture of part of my face (which you have no way of knowing is actually me).

I can't for the life of me think of an insult that would do you justice.

What a nightmare.

Please spell my name correctly.

Solomon Parker ...

~ hugs ~

I LOVE your posts! I'm sorry if i added any grist to the mill with my comment. I just love looking at photographs as well, ever greedy for visuals. I also assimilate a little more easily when there are pictures involved (ask me if i've ever cooked anything from a cookbook if the recipe wasn't illustrated).

I bet you believe that there are bees and honey in those hives in those photos, yet you haven't seen them, have you? So you see, seeing isn't necessary for believing after all.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Parker View Post
    You had to have a picture of part of my face (which you have no way of knowing is actually me).

What a nightmare.
    Oh I know it's you Solomon. Despite being carefully concealed the few features visible have Solomon Parker written all over them LOL. Don't know why the thread has taken such a negative twist from the intent of the original post.

Here is a New Zealand crew ready for action

But seriously why so shy everyone? You gotta look better and smarter than my NZ crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Here is a New Zealand crew ready for action
    Are you the white haired one in the center, or are you the brown one on the right? How do you hold a smoker in your hoof?
    Last edited by Barry; 08-19-2014 at 06:39 AM.

I was the extra shy one hiding behind the camera.

Here is my TF bee on my finger.
    Regards, Barry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast