Default Transportation question

I've done several searches and have not been able to find the answer, so I'm hoping that the answer is basically that there is no problem. I'd like to increase my number of hives and become migratory. It's hot and no fun for me or the bees in the summer in Texas. I'd like to move them and myself around a bit to greener pastures in other parts of the country.

How difficult is this to do from a permit/regulatory point of view? There are quite a few commercial beekeepers that overwinter hives in this area before heading to California for the almond groves, so I know it isn't unusual. Also, some of the states I'm looking at going to require that hives be registered with the state. Would that generally also include temporarily placed hives? I do understand that I would need to take up specific questions with the officials in those states, but I'm trying to get a general idea before I put a lot of time and money into this.
    23 years. Chemical free. 20 hives

Default Re: Transportation question

Each state "you", want to move to may have its own regulations. As a business model this will be, one of those questions that have to addressed. How much foraging will be needed by your new armada. If you move to California, how will that "jive" with the brood up for those hives. Switching climates will that effect the cycle of your bees, and your bottom line. Map it out what you want to do, and how you want to do it , then you will be able to narrow down the information out there to give you the answers you are seeking.

Good luck in 2015
    "Anytime you see someone more successful than you are, they are doing something you aren't."