Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi everyone, thanks for the tons of info everyone puts on this site. I have been keeping bees for a year now. I started a year ago handling my brother and father inlaws bees. Form there my intrest grew. I split my father inlaws this spring when i found a swarm cell. I also bought a guys hives(3) when he thought they all died over winter. Turns out a small group survived with the queen(very weak hive). I caught my 1st after swarm on my birthday and combined with weak hive. I also have battled with a trap out most of the summer. After donating 2 frames and a few queen cells to the trapout i discovered wax moth in the trapout. I removed the bees which turned out to be about the size of a nuc now. I put in 5 new frames in the trapout and finally made some progress. So my 1st year has been great. As of writing this i have 2 strong hives a trapout that looks to be booming, and a nuc that im moving into a 10 frame deep this week. Thanks again for all the information you guys/gals post on here.

Default Re: Hello

Welcome Estell. Sounds like you have your hands full!

Yeah and every time I get thru an inspection I look around wishing I had more

Bees are addicting. I look around my yard almost every day trying to figure out where to put another hive this spring. My family thinks I'm nuts!

Welcome to BeeSource!

Welcome Estell!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Sounds like you've had a busy start , welcome to the site . Also be for warned the fourm is almost as addicting as the bee's

Wow sounds like you're doing great! Welcome to beesource.