Default Sting on a scar! Ouch!

Yesterday a bee got inside my shirt and stung me not only on my stomach but right on a scar I had from a surgery I had several years ago. I thought she stung me through my shirt so I didnít check for a stinger. But when I was done working the bees and looked there was the stinger and venom sack. I scraped it off but I am sure I got a full dose.

Stings to the stomach are usually no big deal for me. A small welt an inch or two across and itching for a few days. But this one, wow. A welt the size of my hand and the 4Ē scar she stung at one end is raised the full length and red and painful. Thatís a weird one.

Default Re: Sting on a scar! Ouch!

wow. sorry to hear about that. apitherapy books say bee stings to scars are supposed to help them heal and not be so stiff. I was going to try stinging the scar from my hip replacement surgery, but maybe I'll wait a bit now. Let us know if you notice any more changes, positive or negative, and maybe post it in the apitherapy forum for others to read too.

Ruthie I'll let you know how it comes out.

Well Ruthie it has not turned out well. The sting was right on a 4 inch scar and the whole scar raised and swelled and became tender and painful. Also, the welt started growing and by the end of the 2nd day it was bigger than a football. Only 1/8” thick but it spread from my naval to my side and over 8” top to bottom. Crazy. I know I got a full dose of venom because the stinger was in for 20 minutes or more but this is ridiculous. I’ve never had a sting react like this. It was however, the first of the season. I usually work the bees in a short sleeved shirt with no gloves. I have nice girls. But this one got up in my shirt.
    What’s funny is the very next day I was stung on the tip of my little finger with basically no swelling. So I dunno, but I don’t care to repeat a direct sting to a surgical scar.