Thread: Small print

Default Small print

OK, pet peeve time. Having reached the reading glass stage of my life here are just a couple of my biggest irks. Who the heck carries a magnifying glass to try to actually read what the maximum air pressure of a tire is, (of course it's always on the bottom covered with mud), it is fairly important you know. Why does it have to be in a font size of 1 while the brand name is about a 100.
    #2. Don't you love those nearly identical tiny shampoo and conditioner bottles in hotels that you are supposed to be able to read in a steamy shower? Who remembers to check first and who the heck wears their glasses in the shower? I just guess.......I think I'm running about 20%.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Default Re: Small print

Ha, twice I've gone to the store and bought shampoo only to use it the next day and after it's in your hair and rubbing it all around I realize it's conditioner! I simply put it on my wife's side of the vanity, but then she puts it back on my side and around we go till I finally throw it out.
    Regards, Barry

Conditioner, yeah, what a stroke of marketing genius that was. I remember reading once that the greatest employee suggestion ever was when some came up with the idea to put the word "repeat" after the shampoo directions "lather and rinse". It nearly doubled sales.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I was at my neighbor's the other day, and realized he had used a white ink marker (paint pen?) to write - in large numbers - the air pressure expected for that particular tire on all his toys' tires.
    Graham
    --- Practical reality trumps philosophy!

It has been a long time since I stayed in a motel. But, I am at the point I just go by bottle color in the shower. One morning all the bottles were the same color!! I guessed right, I think.

Tom

It was before I needed readers, but I still remember how awful tasting Brylcream was when i grabbed it for toothpaste!

And, has anybody tried reading a traditional phone book lately? I have, can't see much but lines of blurry smudge.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Oh crap I could not read the tire this last week either. Could it be time for readers or are they just making them smaller?
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

My peeve is all the required language and warnings on the side of a pill bottle. If I buy a travel sized container, I can't read the dosage no matter what glasses I wear. So, I kind of dose by however I feel. Same as drinking beer........
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    My peeve is all the required language and warnings on the side of a pill bottle. If I buy a travel sized container, I can't read the dosage no matter what glasses I wear. So, I kind of dose by however I feel. Same as drinking beer........
    Which gets me to another pet peeve. Calorie content and ingredients required on (most) all packaged food and beverages (yes honey included)......except beer? They only bother telling us when they brag about how low it is. What's up with that?? All hail the political clout of beer makers.