Default Online honey sales

Hi there, does anyone sell much honey online? Really like the farmers market and local approach but curious if people sell online as well. As more people try backyard honey I'd think more people would support it and do their part to protect the bees.

Thanks for your thoughts, really dig the forum. I'm also on twitter @adam_buchanan, seems like a few folks are on there, dig everyone's updates and photos.
    Adam Buchanan
    Call or email me to chat bees! 720-789-0243 adam@adamcbuchanan.com

Default Re: Online honey sales

I'm subscribing to this thread as well, and I hope you don't mind me partially hijacking the thread Adam, but if I could add a few things?

Online experiences (returns, anyone ran into laws to sell food products online, breakage for glass containers, ebay/craigslist/etsy sales etc).

In today’s business world, not having a website or some type of internet presence (at least a Facebook page) is like not having a telephone.

Search engines give results based upon the IP address of the person doing the search and the address of the business that offers the goods (honey) or services the person is looking for. So when somebody in your area types “honey”, “raw honey”, “local honey” (or any of the products you sell) into the search bar there is a good chance your website or what ever type of internet presence (if you have one, even if it is just a listing on the Chamber of Commerce) will come up.

A website works for you 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Q View Post
    In today’s business world, not having a website or some type of internet presence (at least a Facebook page) is like not having a telephone.

Search engines give results based upon the IP address of the person doing the search and the address of the business that offers the goods (honey) or services the person is looking for. So when somebody in your area types “honey”, “raw honey”, “local honey” (or any of the products you sell) into the search bar there is a good chance your website or what ever type of internet presence (if you have one, even if it is just a listing on the Chamber of Commerce) will come up.

A website works for you 24/7.
    You didn't mention the endless questions, naive inquiries, requests for you name it, fishing emails, scam emails, millions of SEO company emails, it goes on and on. Is it worth it? I'm not sure for smaller operators.
    It goes on 24/7 also.