Default speeding up filtering?

I am looking for a way, a machine or a process for filtering honey after extraction.

I should be able to run at least 144 frames per hour through my 36 frame extractor. I am currently running only 36 frames per hour due to my primitive method of running the honey directly from the uncapper through a strainer and filter bag. The strainer gets gummed up with wax particles several times per load and needs to be cleaned.

what do you use, with a mind towards running 10,000 frames per year within the next 5 years?

Default Re: speeding up filtering?

I use a sump tank it will let the wax particles rise to the the top. Then use a pump to take off the honey from the bottom of the sump. Then you can filter with little problem.
    Don't think you are on the right road simply because it is a well worn pathway.

what kind of uncapper are you using? we use a cowens and are processing much more than 36 frames per hour. If you are using a chain uncapper I would listen to ted n ms post above.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Right now I am just using a scratching fork as the combs are to shallow due to running 10 frames per box for comb building.

Once I need to uncap more than 4 frames per minute I will buy a silver queen.

I have one of those handy dandy heated knives people brag about but the fork is way quicker and not nearly as much comb waste. 100 frames gives me only a gallon of cappings tohave to worry about.

Bottle neck is happening at filtering. I guess until I get a sump I could just have about 3 strainers to trade in once they start to slow down for cleaning.

Uncap frames, stick them in extractor, extract, and let all of the honey drain into a bucket. Then dump the bucket into a barrel w/ a bung hole on the side but near the bottom. Maybe you could build a wire mesh cage around that hole on the inside of the barrel. Once you have finished extracting all of your combs and dumped all of your honey and cappings into the barrel tap the honey off of the bottom of the barrel into buckets.

Otherwise, get a heated sump tank to drain your uncapping tank and extractor into and pump honey off of the bottom of the sump tank. Then heat and strain the honey which now has less wax in it. Before it crystalizes.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

A settling tank made out of a barrel is probably the cheapest even buying a stainless bulkhead fitting so you can put it in yourself. Plastic barrels are cheap at the coke plant usually. Build a warm box around it with a light bulb in it and in the morning the honey will run thru your filter fast after you have skimmed the top. Just leave a foot in the barrel before adding more. That helps not forcing a wad of wax into the gate. Ain't it great to not be big enough to do it right? Once upon I time I filled 28 barrels with the setup described.

Just because I am picky, nah, never mind.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org