Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: No food taste better than your own

Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Sweet white corn, Potatoes, Green Peppers, Asparagus, butterbeans, canteloupe, watermelon, green beans, onions, blackberries, raspberries, chesnut, hazelnut, black eyed peas......hmmm...might have left something out...... oh yeah......honey. I am blessed to have 2 wells on the property, one for the House, and one for the garden and the horses and dogs. G

I want to make the garden bigger next year. I always cram things in thinking it'll be OK but when the cukes and squash get going they run amok all over the place. I keep saying that the squash, which we love) is going to get its own patch. Usually by the fall, the squash vines are over the sides of the garden and taking up grass space. I don't mind mowing around them but they deserve their own playground!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    I want to make the garden bigger next year. I always cram things in thinking it'll be OK but when the cukes and squash get going they run amok all over the place. I keep saying that the squash, which we love) is going to get its own patch. Usually by the fall, the squash vines are over the sides of the garden and taking up grass space. I don't mind mowing around them but they deserve their own playground!
    Yep, squash cukes and any melon need large areas. It is amazing how fast they grow. You can watch them actually growing before your eyes. G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12