Default Beeswax Artist An Underdog Needs Your Help

Q: Who loves an underdog?
    A: I hope everyone does, because right now, that's me!

I need your help. My beeswax paintings are taking a beating.

I entered a contest to win a fabulous art festival tent, which I sorely need to exhibit my wax paintings, and I'm one of five finalists. The other mediums represented are oil, photography, jewelry and acrylic.

Right now, I'm in LAST PLACE with 33 votes, and the current lead is pulling in 161. The contest ends on July 30, 2014, so this means I have only 12 days to catch up. Can I get your vote?

Beeswax painting, also known as encaustics, is a gorgeous medium, highly durable, with a unique luminosity like no other. Every time I exhibit, I'm energized by sharing my art with a largely curious and appreciative audience. My current tent setup is lacking, and winning this professional tent would allow me to do shows in more states, and share this ancient medium with greater ease.

Click on this link and vote for Victoria Primicias:
    https://www.facebook.com/showoffcano...15720611858523

I don't know any other community that shows as much support and passion for beekeeping, bees, and its affiliated products. I'd love it if you could continue that tradition and vote for an artist who adores painting with beeswax. It take two seconds to vote.

Click here now and vote for me, Victoria Primicias:

I'd really appreciate your support!!!
    Victoria Primicias | ARTECERA Beeswax Paintings

Default Re: Beeswax Artist An Underdog Needs Your Help

Happy to vote...I liked your art when you first posted it Good luck. Hopefully all forum members will vote for you. It is simple...click, add email and you are there.
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

I went there to vote but didn't because they demand an email address.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Quote Originally Posted by WBVC View Post
    Happy to vote...I liked your art when you first posted it Good luck. Hopefully all forum members will vote for you. It is simple...click, add email and you are there.
    Thanks so much, WBVC. I know Beesource is such an active and vibrant community. Thanks again!

Hi, Barry. I could be wrong, but asking for an email address might be their way of ensuring no one votes more than once. I'll inquire with them and see what they say.

please check with them also for the people who don't have facebook account.

Quote Originally Posted by dr4ngas View Post
    please check with them also for the people who don't have facebook account.
    Thanks for bringing that up. I just emailed them about this, as well as Barry's query. Hopefully, I'll have answers by Monday.

Have a great weekend!

Here is the response I received from Janice Stockard, Director of Sales at Awning Works. If anyone would like her direct contact info, let me know and I'll be happy to pass it on.

The email address is to ensure one vote only, to make it fair. If anyone has concerns, you can give me their email address and I will be sure they are not contacted. We will be sending one email out at the end to everyone that voted to announce the winner, other than that, we will not use the emails! You can give them my contact info if they are hesitant.

Since this is a Facebook contest, yes, they have to have a Facebook account to vote. Sadly, there is no way around that. Call me if you have any questions, please. I’m rooting for you! Go, Victoria!

Click on this link and vote for Victoria Primicias:
    Last edited by Beeswax Paintings; 07-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeswax Paintings View Post
    Since this is a Facebook contest, yes, they have to have a Facebook account to vote. Sadly, there is no way around that.
    Unfortunately, in order to vote, you have to allow Social Campaigns to receive the following info: your public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, current city and likes. You'd get my vote if it wasn't for that.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Unfortunately, in order to vote, you have to allow Social Campaigns to receive the following info: your public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, current city and likes. You'd get my vote if it wasn't for that.
    I understand completely. I wish Facebook wasn't so intrusive! Thanks, anyway, Barry. I appreciate your efforts.