Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Manufacturing Whipped Honey Equipment Ideas

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BMAC 
#1 ·
We are currently whipping our honey and seed mixture in 55 gallon batches using a geared down handheld drill with a paddle mixer. Our mixing style is to get as much air into the honey as possible which makes it very white and gives it a very creamy texture. Our customers also like the foam that is formed on the top of the honey. We have to mix this for a couple of hours to get the effect that we want.

I would like to start mixing the seed and honey mixture in 300 gallon batches and then bottle it on my bottling line, but I am unsure of what mixing equipment would work best for this. I have a $30,000.00 budget. Does anyone have any ideas of what might work in this situation?

Thanks - Chris

#7 ·
This is interesting. I used to "cream" a lot of honey but now only do around 1,000 lbs. a year. I have heard (don't remember where) that it should be whipped in such a manner so it dosen't get air in it. I'm with the op on this one, though. I think the white slightly frothy head adds to the appeal of the product. At the very least I couldn't figure out what it hurts.

#8 ·
We whip the honey for close to two hours at about 500rpm. Our product is called Winter White, and the mixing of air into it gives it it's white appearance. It is then bottled in a clear bottle. The 1/8" of froth at the top is considered to be the extra special part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.