Default Minerals research Holland

Our association met last night and we had a visitor from Holland who is the researcher/developer of a new idea for treatment of CCD. He is Rik ter Horst President of the company Beeingalive. His studies began in Holland which has very few commercial beekeepers but did comparison studies of treated and non treated. Side by side comparisons dropped CCD loses from 38% down to zero or low percentages.
    He is actually wanting beekeeps here now to do the same studies and we had several volunteer their hives to be part . Its actually a mineral enhanced pollen substitute patty that stays on the hives year round. He had tried mixing it in sugar water but the larvae are the development stage of the bee that needs the minerals so it only worked for a short time.
    Anyway he will be going to several other counties in Texas. He had just left Florida doing the same.
    The hive beetle problems here are severe and he was informed of that problem as well because they do not have hive beetles in Holland.

His website is http://www.beeingalive.com/
    And is also on Facebook.

Default Re: Minerals research Holland

Good to see another Dutchman besides myself trying to plug his finger in this darn CCD Dyk hole. Do you know if he is heading to CALI?

He has got test programs in Florida which has lots of hive beetles and lots of commercial beeks also. He said he will be here 2 more months. Right now he is concentrating on the Texas Coast and gathering data and test sites. It all makes sense and I can tell his heart is all in this endeavor. Hopefully as the line of volunteers from our association were long, wanting their yards to be a test ground so I left. He puts the mineral rich patties in 1/2 of the hives and 1/2 is just a placebo but outa the same patty material. He knows what he is after and has never kept bees. But he was extremely knowledgable about the life cycles of bees.
    Hopefully our association will put out findings and issues from the beeks that have accepted his testing.
    I wish him and all of us that his theory will work and help save the bees and extend their lives like they used to be.

I can groove on what he's doing. But what attracts bees screams to the friggin SHB. Maybe those minerals in a soluble solution for water, I add livestock salt in the water for the bees & they seem to prefer that over just water.

Where in the heck do they experience 38% losses from CCD?
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa