Thread: Finding Swarms

Default Finding Swarms

Does anyone know if there is an App or a site that shares info on where swarms are? I've heard that there is one but I can find it. Thoughts?

thanks for your time,

-John

Default Re: Finding Swarms

Quote Originally Posted by ladwigbees View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an App or a site that shares info on where swarms are? I've heard that there is one but I can find it. Thoughts?

thanks for your time,

-John
    The "Bee Forum" here has a swarm dates post sticky that you can read/search and find roughly when prime swarm season is in your area. I'm unaware of an App or website. Just got to get your name out there.

Default Re: Finding Swarms

In our area the local bee club has a swarm list that includes the names of people who sign up to catch swarms; perhaps a club in your area offers something similar?

I also know on one Facebook page (this one is dedicated for keepers in our local area) that posts swarm finds. Of course craigslist is always a common resource but I don't know how much people ever go there to find a swarm catcher.

One other idea; register yourself as with local police and fire departments; in our area that is a very common method to get swarm calls as people often call one or the other.

Hope these help,