Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelleys

Default Re: Kelleys

I would imagine they are getting swamped with orders with the free shipping on woodenware. They make their own on site, and if orders have exceeded manufacturing capacity (and this is a VERY small company!) you will get yours as soon as they can get them made.

On top of that, if a supplier of theirs is late on shipping wood or something else has happened, you and everyone else is in line waiting.

It's a great company, I'm sure there is a reason why your order has not been filled. I got the bottles and a few odds and ends two working days after I ordered them a couple weeks ago, but I've not bought woodenware for a long time.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by lyles View Post
    I think it is funny when people ask for your view on a topic if you don't agree people take it personally. Trapper ask a question I gave my view. If that is not ok then why do we have a forum? So let me get this right no one can post anything bad about Kelley they are great in every way. OK I see. My money will go to other people, because of their great service. Walking away
    Drama Queen

Good luck with your order Trapper. G

Does this thread not belong in Consumer Reports?
    Master Beekeeper (EAS) and Master Gardener (U Maine CE) www.beeberrywoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Anyone having trouble getting their orders from Kelleys. Been waiting over 2 weeks.
    What did Kelley Co say when you asked them why?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

I didn't ask them why it was taking so long I just asked when they were going to ship the order. The order was placed on June 23, they took the payment out of my account June 25. Just seems a little strange that I was billed before the order was ready to ship.

For sure. If they did that w/ everybody just imagine the interest they would gleen.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

placed an order late thursday, received it sat morning.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Trapper, what's the status on your order? I never did read what the bulk of the order was, but from reading between the lines I take it was wooden ware?

Anyhow....have you heard from it?

Ed

Talked to them again to day. Ask if my order had shipped yet. They said no. I asked why and they said the holdup was frames, that a lumber shipment was delayed so they were behind. Told them I was told that it would ship last week. They said they would try to include the frames in the order but if they couldn't they would ship the rest of the order that everything thing else was in stock. I asked if I were to order 500 frames this week would you be able to ship them this week, they said no they were to far behind. I asked if I ordered them in 2 months would they be able to fill the order and they said yes, they would be caught up by then. Still no UPS notification on shipment. Really don't know what to think.

Part of the order came today, the rest is supposed tobe here tomorrow.

I'm glad you've gotten part of it, at least. I was talking with one of the lady's at Kelleys and she mentioned that it had been "crazy busy" this summer. I was getting a feeling for ordering. Hopefully they will get the bottleneck straightened out soon.

Ed

Obviously, from my experience and others, and based on what Kelley is saying on the phone when you call them, they are behind on woodenware. My orders have been for frames and foundation. Frames have been backlogged, the rest comes in quickly in other box. Just give them a little time to work it out.

It's that time of year...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

It is always good to have extra equipment on hand for a number of reasons. If you purchase your equipment, rather than building it from scratch, going to bee meetings where vendors will deliver orders is a good way to pick up a box of frames or a half dozen extra boxes to keep on hand.

To me, it seems that those two items...frames and boxes...are the pieces that a lot of beekeepers can't build for themselves, especially frames. Tops and bottoms can be made easily with a skillsaw (even a handsaw, for that matter).

Naturally, if you decide to take on a big or special project you should plan ahead, accordingly.

From Trapper's experience it appears that in the middle of the season orders need to be placed *well* in advance of when you plan to use them. Trapper, what was the total time from order to delivery on these? I believe it was the frames that were the big holdup on the order?

Ed

I'm still waiting for an order made in June, but finally after several phone calls they are shipping.

First excuse was that they had an unexpected large order. Next they said the commercial grade lumber came in rotten and they to wait for more wood. I told them had they contacted me I would have changed the wood in my order...Oh, she said. Last call she said my order was held up because they still had to make a bottom board. I said ship it with out the bottom board. Ship the bottom board later. Well that means no free shipping she said! Some great customer relations there. it's their fault, but I get to pay. Oh and the shipping notice they finally sent left off ANOTHER PIECE I ordered....

I would have cancelled the order after several weeks but it included foundationless frames.

Does anyone else out there make foundationless frames? I'll try them next if so....

I ordered 10 boxes with no handles cut in the end (so I can dado) from them to try. They quoted "over a month" I think I got them in just over 2 weeks (I can't remember). They look real nice, I haven't had time to assemble them yet. The rest of the order looked good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck View Post
    I ordered 10 boxes with no handles cut in the end (so I can dado) from them to try.
    Last year I ordered 50 just as you did. It took a very long time to get them delivered. When they arrived they were 8-frame boxes, and not the 10-frame that I had ordered. Finally I got the 10-frame boxes, but the issues weren't over with. Turned out that the one of the fingers on the boxes wasn't properly cut. Not wanting to wait longer, I set up my table saw and fixed them myself and didn't even inform Kelley of the last issue. Overall, not super happy with the service, and also the wood in the boxes wasn't the best quality either.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

I better double check them, I just took a quick look and checked fit on a couple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12