Default what to use for something to spread CREAMED HONEY on as a sample

I want to offer my CREAMED HONEY as a free sample on something, but what?? I thought of saltine crackers but everyone said NO. So any other ideas?

Default Re: what to use for something to spread CREAMED HONEY on as a sample

One of those mini plastic spoons.

Ditto. Or small wooden spoons like ones used to eat ice cream cups out of the store display case. Something that doesn't impart any taste of it's own, is disposable so no double dipping occurs, and the wooden spoons are more environmentally friendly.

Is it safe to assume you want to do this at a Farm Market or somewhere you will be selling your honey? If you are indoors and/or presenting your honey in a "Product Tasting" forum, you might consider finding a small cracker and a cheese that could be served w/ the honey. A goat cheese, I have found, is often a good pairing of flavors. Best if the cracker has no or little salt or any other flavor. Try it, you might want to use that as an appetizer at your next party.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

I would try popsicle sticks. I think they should be easy to find at the grocery store.

Or any craft outlet. Wally World perhaps.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

I think it tastes great on a saltine... but sticks are nice and can be purchases as "craft sticks" at hobby stores. If you use the jumbo ones, you can reuse them as comb guides later...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I would use the popsicle sticks, I use gel caps for my regular honey for samples. I can make up hundreds before the market and they are good to go.

What size gel caps do you use? Are they the standard pharmaceutical gel caps or what?
    How do you quickly fill a gel cap with honey...syringe?
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

caps1.jpgcaps2.jpg
    I use "0" caps with the ketchup bottle and box to hold the caps. Put holes in box with pencil to right size and cut hole in the end so I can push up while pushing the cap down. i can make maybe 30 caps in 2-3 minutes oce you get going.

I hate tasting off plastic but have never heard that complaint from another.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HHG...pi=SL500_SS115

The bees already put the honey in little capsules, called cells... why not sell 1" cubes of comb honey for a quarter a piece...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

thin pretzel sticks or animal crackers

rtoney neat idea, but I would be afraid that kids would then think that pills are candy..
    Honeydew

I know somebody will always worry about something. Candy cigarettes make kids smoke, chewable vitamins also confuse kids, having a gun in the house is the cause of all gun deaths. It works for me if not for someone else so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by rtoney View Post
    having a gun in the house is the cause of all gun deaths.
    Then what is having 20
    Honeydew

Well I used saltiness crackers and sold all my first batch of CREAMED HONEY.
    Thanks for the comments, and I have orders for more.