Hybrid View

Default what to use for something to spread CREAMED HONEY on as a sample

I want to offer my CREAMED HONEY as a free sample on something, but what?? I thought of saltine crackers but everyone said NO. So any other ideas?

Default Re: what to use for something to spread CREAMED HONEY on as a sample

One of those mini plastic spoons.

Ditto. Or small wooden spoons like ones used to eat ice cream cups out of the store display case. Something that doesn't impart any taste of it's own, is disposable so no double dipping occurs, and the wooden spoons are more environmentally friendly.

Is it safe to assume you want to do this at a Farm Market or somewhere you will be selling your honey? If you are indoors and/or presenting your honey in a "Product Tasting" forum, you might consider finding a small cracker and a cheese that could be served w/ the honey. A goat cheese, I have found, is often a good pairing of flavors. Best if the cracker has no or little salt or any other flavor. Try it, you might want to use that as an appetizer at your next party.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

I would try popsicle sticks. I think they should be easy to find at the grocery store.

Or any craft outlet. Wally World perhaps.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

I think it tastes great on a saltine... but sticks are nice and can be purchases as "craft sticks" at hobby stores. If you use the jumbo ones, you can reuse them as comb guides later...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF