Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Been playing around with a label/t-shirt design...

Been playing around in Photoshop with a label and maybe t-shirt design. I've got some more ideas in my head but this is the only one that I've carried to the "drawing board" so far. Still may change a few things around, I know the name will be different..
    What do y'all think?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Default Re: Been playing around with a label/t-shirt design...

Nice are you going to sell them? What about labels that will stick to jars and stay on? Looking for labels for 4 oz and 12 and 4 oz Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
    Nice are you going to sell them? What about labels that will stick to jars and stay on? Looking for labels for 4 oz and 12 and 4 oz Bears.
    Thanks....I have not thought about selling them. I was just trying to come up with a design to use on my jars and maybe get a few t-shirts made...

I will private message you.

That is a nice design good job

Savasci Farms

If you are asking for input on the design scheme. I would suggest have the same font and remove the blue stroke at the top and have the same font for Happy Bee and Honey. I would suggest you make "happy bee" look just like "honey" as I REALLY like the honey font and the effects you have on it. To me that would let it read like "Happy bee honey". If you feel the need to stroke then I would go with the teal of the bees wings and not the brighter blue. I like everything else about it, the background the plaque etc. Again the bright blue and the comb font in happy bee is distracting in MHO. One last thing, if you do change happy bee to the same font as Honey, I think someplace you do need teal to balance.....
    my background.. 20 plus years as a pro photographer.. PM me or email if you would like ... GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jerry T Indiana; 07-07-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo on name

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry T Indiana View Post
    Savasci Farms

If you are asking for input on the design scheme. I would suggest have the same font and remove the blue stroke at the top and have the same font for Happy Bee and Honey. I would suggest you make "happy bee" look just like "honey" as I REALLY like the honey font and the effects you have on it. To me that would let it read like "Happy bee honey". If you feel the need to stroke then I would go with the teal of the bees wings and not the brighter blue. I like everything else about it, the background the plaque etc. Again the bright blue and the comb font in happy bee is distracting in MHO. One last thing, if you do change happy bee to the same font as Honey, I think someplace you do need teal to balance.....
    my background.. 20 plus years as a pro photographer.. PM me or email if you would like ... GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input.
    My background...20 plus years in graphic design, screen printing, sign making, web page construction and design (html, xhtml, CSS, and dabble in other programming), and also a photographer, some studio, mostly outdoor/wildlife/nature.
    Last edited by Savasci Farms; 07-07-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Personally, "the plaque", if that's what it is, doesn't do anything for me. How does it fit in with what you're trying to convey? I don't like the "happy bee" blue color choice either. Simple is almost always better.

I used to keep track of the traffic each ad in the right column generated. One of the most obvious bits of data to come from that was the simple, clean, non-busy ads always got the most traffic. Don't go mixing fonts or get wordy or have a bunch of different colors, just keep it clean.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Personally, "the plaque", if that's what it is, doesn't do anything for me. How does it fit in with what you're trying to convey? I don't like the "happy bee" blue color choice either. Simple is almost always better.

I used to keep track of the traffic each ad in the right column generated. One of the most obvious bits of data to come from that was the simple, clean, non-busy ads always got the most traffic. Don't go mixing fonts or get wordy or have a bunch of different colors, just keep it clean.
    The plaque is a background anchor for the rest of the design as it is....As a label I prefer the plaque. It can be used without the plaque that's for sure. It would look better on a shirt without the plaque, I would think.
    The fonts are the same, just different layer styles applied to them. So no different fonts used in the text itself.

While I appreciate the input. It's not an "ad" it's a label or t-shirt design

I've been in this business many years and have never went without work, even have to turn some down due to workload. I know what works and what doesn't in the common sense, everyday market. As for the color blue...well, the color blue has been shown in studies to make people "happy" and it is pleasing to the minds eye.....

Just to prove that the teal does not work as the stroke color on the top text...

Last edited by Savasci Farms; 07-07-2014 at 04:51 PM.

I like the large honey colored honeycomb with the golden drop of honey at the bottom along with the word "Honey" on the bottom. It suggests... honey. The wooden plaque with the smaller honeycomb pattern and the blue not so much. (And blue is my favorite color). Im neutral on the illustration. I like realistic pictures of bees, but I know it probably makes people uncomfortable. They're much more comfortable with a friendly little guy with gloves .
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Here's my design on a jar of honey..maybe some will now understand as to why the plaque is there...

I did rotate the plaque in this image.

I don't care what others say I like it, well done it stands out and to me that is the whole point.

No need to get uptight. You asked for people to give feedback. Do with it what you want, but don't get frustrated when they respond. What may look nice on a jar label doesn't mean it will look good on a t-shirt. I know you're not designing an ad, but the insight still applies. I've been around the design world as well.

Please do not post smilies from other sites. The ones that are allowed are provided in the editor when posting.
    Regards, Barry

You are correct the teal does not work, I do like the overall design, I will leave it at that. I apparently miss understood and thought you were asking for feedback, critiques etc.

Jerry

I agree with Barry. The plaque just seems out of place. What does it symbolize? Looks like an antique mirror frame - how's that related to your product? Is it supposed to be a window into the hive? I also agree with the comments from Jerry.

What I do like is:
    your bee design
    the word "Honey" at the bottom
    the drop of honey
    the yellow/gold honey comb
    the gray honey comb

These are all very nicely done.

Consider alternate border elements other than the plaque - just see how they would look.

Sorry, not trying to be critical, just giving you my opinion.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Nice, cute, but your bee needs two more legs and two more wings. Even if it is a cartoon bee.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Savasci Farms View Post
    Here's my design on a jar of honey..maybe some will now understand as to why the plaque is there...

What would it look like w/out the plaque? A clear label?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Savasci Farms View Post

Please email me I love the design you made for me
    Foxroadburristom@hotmail.com

Can you make a version with a more sensual bee? That would appeal to me. I like your work but have a little issue in general with the portrayal of bees in advertising. I have been seeing bees portrayed in lots of advertisements and they are always portrayed for children. The G rated versions of honey bees is cool and all but as beekeeper I think there should be more emphasis on the fact that the workers are female and that bees are for adults as well and that they are super smart. Smarter than humans in a way not so cartoonish and goofy. Perhaps you can understand what I mean. Don't get me wrong I like what you made but this post inspired me to bring my mindset on bee imagery into the discussion.

I like it but preferred the original orientation of the plaque.

Design is a very personal thing...go with your gut, use what pleases you. After all it is your honey
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast