Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Transporting hives to pollination jobs w/o a forklift

For visual comparison, here is the original HF dolly ...

More details and a larger photo at this link: http://www.harborfreight.com/extra-w...uck-66171.html
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by MTN-Bees View Post
    Have you moved the 2 way pallet with two deeps on each side? Do you think it would work with a hand truck?
    We run a deep and a medium. Pull all honey before you move. I have moved deep and medium with partial honey. If you dont have much honey in the top deeps its possible. Also, make sure you jack the front of the trailer up....if it sags as you load the front it makes the ramp steeper! Experience tells me this.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by adamant View Post
    Lupester, your only modification was cutting the center pipe and adding the square stock?
    The welder cut the whole deck and tilted it to make it "easy" on the bees. I am going to have him undo that. It puts the load too far out when trying to manhandle the cart up the ramp. I would stay with the stock, cut the center pipe and add the square stock. I am going to get him to weld the pipe to the bottom deck. The pipe is only held on with screws and knowing my luck they would unscrew themselves or shear in the middle of me unloading. Then how would I get the pallets off?
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson

IMG_0505.JPG

Here is a 28' trailer I built that has 36 hives mounted on it. The Hitch is removable to prevent theft. Very easy to move the bees quickly. Row of supers fit down the middle.

IMG_2396.jpg

Here are a couple photos of my way of moving bees. I run about 200 hives as sideline. I use a 16' car hauling trailer behind my pickup truck. I can flat out 33 hives, double stack for 66 hives. Usually I will load double story hives onto the trailer one at a time and double stack on the trailer then unload the double story hives two at a time. Single story hives I stack two or three high and pull them onto the trailer. My hand truck is homemade with longhorn handle bars for stability. Victor H

IMG_2392.jpg
    Last edited by Makin' Honey; 07-09-2014 at 03:01 PM.

There is an motorized hand truck from HaulzAll but it is a bit high priced.
    Last edited by Makin' Honey; 07-09-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    For visual comparison, here is the original HF dolly ...

More details and a larger photo at this link: http://www.harborfreight.com/extra-w...uck-66171.html
    just bought one with a opened box price= 70.00

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12