Default Northern Virginia Newbee

I started my first Hive going on May 7th: been inspecting each week....things going along great...lots of brood, pollen, honey: added second hive body 2 weeks ago after noting that 70% of lower hive body was drawn out....in the last two weeks I have noticed that, while activity is still going along well...Queen busy laying eggs....5 or 6 of the frames on the upper hive body are drawn out....that there remain three frames on the lower hive that are undrawn (I used wax foundation on wooden frames): I have rotated the frames closer to the center...but still don't see much activity on them: should I be concerned...or will the bees get to them in their own time? I have also been continuously feeding SW in a top feeder.....they have been slow to utilize it over the weeks...but starting to do more so now. There have been no swarm cells or supersedure cells built to date. Brood pattern is fantastic...not spotty at all.

Default Re: Northern Virginia Newbee

Welcome Kevin!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: Northern Virginia Newbee

Welcome Padre.

I know it is irresistibly tempting to go into the hive each week, but each time you do disturb them, they could have to refocus and discover any changes you make. Leave them be for a few weeks, if you can, and let them have uninterrupted time to do their thing. I know it's hard, and I am preaching to myself here as well. My best hives are ones that I leave alone the longest. Just a word from my own experience.
    No one famous.