Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

which bee magazine is the best?

15K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  ranger519 
#1 ·
I was gonna subscribe to one of the two bee magazines and was wondering which one it's the best.

#3 ·
You will find interesting content in both magazines. They are complimentary. Both will send you a free issue on request. Or find someone in your local bee club who has back issues that they can't trash. I brought 3 boxes full of past issues to our bee school - they went in one or two nights.

Both have e-mail alert services. Bee Culture Editor Kim Flottum is active in EAS which may or may not mean anything to you.

#10 ·
I subscribed to both BC and ABJ when I started, intending to cut back to one subscription once I knew which one I liked better/found more useful. I renewed both subscriptions, and have no plans to drop either one. As Andrew said, they complement each other.

#14 ·
When I was new to beekeeping, I subscribed to both, and found some of the articles to be over my head. After a few years, I realized I needed to know a lot more to be a beekeeper, and not just a guy who buys packaged bees every couple of years. So I have subscribed to both again. I subscribed to the digital version of Bee Culture--it was cheaper and it's one less magazine I have to store. The one thing I don't like about the digital version of BC is that you can't download it; you must read it online. I had hoped to be able to save articles of interest digitally. I can, but it is a cumbersome process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.