Default Am I doing the right thing???

One of my hives a really healthy overwintered hive has swarmed three times i presume because of over crowding i did anti swarm procedure early May but they still swarmed, three swarms over a two week period i had previously checked for QCs didn't find any but obviously there were and i missed them ,, fortunately i caught all three swarms two i kept myself and another given to my friend who lives not far away the first swarm was requeened successfully the second which i re hived a fortnight ago strangely has no eggs , larvae , or sealed brood , but yet it has a queen there storing honey and pollen but there seems to be no reproduction of any type can any body tell me whats occurring here ,, secondly the hive that all the swarms emerged from after the third swarm was checked again and i found 12 more swarm cells which i removed, at this time there was larvae and capped brood so i presumed they were queen right still so i removed said swarm cells all of them ,, now 7 days later i find plenty of honey and pollen stores but no eggs no larvae and no capped brood but there are still a huge number of bees i have a funny feeling that by me removing all the QCs i have left them without a queen can any one out there advise me on which way t go with this please ..third year beek and i feel i have gone out of my comfort zone here being to confident thinking i knew more than i did

Default Re: Am I doing the right thing???

If it were me I'd remove one frame and insert another from another hive that contained fresh eggs. This way a queen can be produced if need be by the bees in the parent hive.

I am not an expert by any stretch, but I would guess the second swarm was with a virgin queen that needs to mate successfully and later begin laying. I don't know the exact time frame of that though. I would also suspect you have the original hive without a queen by taking down the cells.

" the second which i re hived a fortnight ago strangely has no eggs , larvae , or sealed brood , but yet it has a queen there storing honey and pollen but there seems to be no reproduction of any type can any body tell me whats occurring here ,"

If it swarmed with a virgin you are not out of the beginning to lay window, far end of it yes, but not out. Small bit of brood will not hurt and will give an answer.

" i have a funny feeling that by me removing all the QCs i have left them without a queen .
    Probably true, but that does not matter now. Most likely queen had just left in another swarm. Combine back with one of your swarms or place brood frame in it.
    4 yrs, Peak 14, back to zip, T lite; godfather to brother's 3.