Thread: wax spinners

Post wax spinners

I just purchased a Maxant Sr. wax spinner, brand new, and the basket inside is off balance and wobbles. As the honey and wax is fed into the spinner from the Silver Queen uncapper, the spinner begans to wobble more and
    more until I have to turn the machine off. This happens with only uncapping 40 or 50 frames. I am dealing with Maxant now on this, so I'm hopeful that when they send me a new basket, this will solve the problem. Has any one
    here had the same trouble? What was your solution? Some of you mid-size beekeepers, (200-500), how are you handleing your wax capping? Best of wishes to you all.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-29-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Default Re: wax spinners

I have a jr spinner from Maxant. I have not had that issue. Only issue I had is the basket seperated from the base. I called and Jake had one out to me in two days. Once I got the new one I went about my business and sent the old one back when I had the chance. No problems. Maxant has top notch customer service! I am certain Jake will take care of you.

I have the SR spinner. I had the same problem when I bought mine a few years ago. What I did was loosen the four bolts that hold the spindle to the tub then re-torque the bolts. I did this because the basket was not centered in the tub and the chain uncapper was hitting the side. If the bolts are shanked out you could get the same problem. It might be worthwhile to make sure there is ample thread engagement on the four bolts too. Have you checked the bolts on the U channel? I do have to retighten the bolts from time to time on mine. Every time mine starts to wobble its been a loose bolt.

I have the cowen 28 frame system with the cowen spinner under the uncapped. Mine will get off balance from time to time from cappings piling up in the chute then all falling at the same time. Only other problem with mine is you can't roll it out from under the uncapped to start another basket and the single spinner fills up with capping in about a barrel and a half of honey. Then you have to let it spin out and remove.

Hey thanks a lot Scott J. That looks like what the problem might be. I will check those bolts and see if this is the same problem, including the bolts on the channel iron. This may solve the problem. Thanks again
    Scott. Jim.

Jim I was under the impression that you had already checked these bolts?
    If not, there is the problem. I would use loc tite on them as well
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Thank you Maxant, I will definantly check them today. If this solves the problem, I'll call you and let you know. Thanks.