Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Angry landowners

You will forget about the ruts... till you start swathing ! Ha yikes

Even swathing or cutting hay across a tire track is enough to irritate a guy after one has been sitting on that machine for 24 hours. Last year a neighbors renter drove across my field to put his bulls into his pasture. He didn't want to use the gate at the south end of his pasture because he would have had to drive on HIS CROP. I bounced across the trail he made about 70 times when I cut that field. Right after I cut that field I made sure there was no more gate in that fence. He got the hint.

I am going to be using my 4x4 this next week moving out yards and supering up. The work WILL get done this week, hope the sun firms things up soon... Comes a point we can't wait any longer

Is Miami flooded too? I am going to super some in a bit then crack out of bed at 2:30 in the morning and live the dream all over again.

This goes to show the difference in locations and needs beekeepers in secluded areas where their bees are needed for pollination can act and react differently. Where I have been things would be interpreted differently.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
    Landowner: I see you have been driving to your hives. Thought we had discussed you wouldn't drive when it's wet and such. Driving down our feed not sure what to think

= Did you mot understand I do not want you driving to your hives when the ground is wet. let alone through my fields.

JW: Sorry we did not discuss that. I kept the tracks right on the edge so as not to make ruts. Clearly you feel otherwise.

JW: Do I owe you a couple hay bales? I didn't realize I was doing damage

= I did not know loosing a few bales of hay would break you.

LO: No, no it's all fine. I just was surprised.

= Don't sweat it, at least not until I find someone else.

JW: I have to be in them about once a week this time of year and add new equipment. Next time I will be sure to talk to you first if the weather is less than perfect like its been for nearly 2 weeks now. Good for the crops though right? Or are you ready for some sunshine?

= Well I am not very good in managing my hives and or time, and too lazy to walk.

LO: It's all good. Yep waiting on sunshine wanna make hay.

= Ya I need some sunshine to get this hay mowed before you run it ALL down

the alternate is how it would have been interpreted or said in my parts.

Ian, how much rain did you get with the downpour?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

we were spared, 30mm
    neighbours within west of here, 200mm
    neighbours north of here, 240mm

the sun will firm us up, not so much for our neighbours

it has been cold and dreary here... we are lookin for warmth...
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

The warm should be there In a couple days. Warming up here and crops are really growing.

I have empathy for both sides. Having farmed my property, I take great pride in the field I created. When I grew my first field of sudan and the older farmers stopped to talk and compliment my field, that was more of a reward than the crop itself. I think most farmers take pride in straight rows and healthy crops. Almost like painting the earth. So when someone ruins part of the field, even unintentional and minimal, to him it is a huge smudge on his artwork. Or maybe I am just anal when it comes to farming. Lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234