Thread: crawling bees

Default crawling bees

I see 2-3 crawling bees on the ground a day some appear to have a slight K wing others don't, some try to fly others not so much , I've even seen a few stop to suck nectar on some clover. The one thing that EVERYONE of them is doing is beelining all in the same direction it almost like they are on a string. I saw one of them get booted from the hive but it wasn't a big fight to the ground like what happens with robbers. I see nothing out of the ordinary inside the hive and no noticeable feecess inside or out so I think that would rule out nosema right ? Could it be something as simple as robbers getting their butts kicked ?

Default Re: crawling bees

High mite count?

I haven't checked but it shouldn't be too bad I wouldnt think it had quite a long brood break do to some queen issues after a split what is throwing me for a loop is the beelining I had some mite issues last yr and sick bees seemed to craw aimlessly in all directions all of these are walking with purpose in one direction taking the same path even though they stumble at times

>2-3 crawling bees on the ground a day

I don't worry about 2-3 bees a day... thousands are dying from old age every day...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thank you Michael I lost all my hives last yr due to some rookie mistakes and not realizing them untill it was too late and I guess I'm just paranoid this yr