Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

bees all gone

892 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Clayton Huestis 
#1 ·
Hived a cut out the other day the next day all the bees are gone they even left the comb with open and sealed brood there where four large pieces
I used rubber bands to hold them in he frames. there where a lot of bees they covered at least 5 maybe 6 frames now they are just gone where did they go? why did they go?
johns bees

#3 ·
Bees are bees and they will do as they please! This is the main reason I tell everyone to make sure they get paid for their services. It still 'stings' when they abscond, but not as badly if you have some money in your pocket. Some cut-outs go perfectly, and you just "know" you have a new colony....yet they abscond. Some don't go so well, and you have little hope....yet they stay. As I said at the beginning...Bees are bees and they will do as they please! Where did they go? Someplace within about a 5 mile radius. You can take a nice walk this evening and see if you see a swarm...not likely though. Sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.