Default Whole house fan (attic fan) in extracting room?

Anyone using a whole house fan mounted in the ceiling in an extracting room. We are looking at a ceiling 10 ft high and was think of mounting an attic fan in the ceiling, exhausting out through attic vents. We would put windows in the other end for ventilation and hopefully the bees would gather there

Has anyone done this and do you think this would work well for air movement in the honey house for keeping the workers cooler?

Default Re: Whole house fan (attic fan) in extracting room?

Haven't done it. The In laws have one and the only time they use it is in the evening. Works great then. But would ? How well it would work during the day.

Some honey houses here in NY that I have seen use a Cow Barn size fan mounted in the wall. Must be a good 4 ft on each side. Are you trying to make your honey house cool or just get the bees out of the extracting room?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Trying to keep the room as cool as possible. I know the air won't be any cooler than it is outside.

I have a whole house fan for my house, and I love the thing. We cool down here at nice, and since I have no insulation in the walls, and crappy insulation int he attic, the house can get MUCH warmer than outside during the day. I can't live w/o it (I have no A/C, but it's not really needed here).