Default honey under queen excluder

If I were to place frames with capped and un-capped honey under a queen excluder would the bees move it up into the supers, or would I just be limiting the laying space and creating a swarming condition? I have several frames I would like cleaned out/used by the bees.

Default Re: honey under queen excluder

The capped honey is unlikely to get moved. The uncapped might...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

So scratch all the cappings... Anything I can do to increase my chances of moving the honey and not causing swarm prep to start?

> Anything I can do to increase my chances of moving the honey and not causing swarm prep to start?

Lose the excluder...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman43 View Post
    If I were to place frames with capped and un-capped honey under a queen excluder would the bees move it up into the supers, or would I just be limiting the laying space and creating a swarming condition? I have several frames I would like cleaned out/used by the bees.
    If you are going to move frames of honey, move frames of honey out of the brood chamber. Why do you want the bees to move honey?
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

I think he want to fill the super and empty some deeps.

Here's what you could try:
    Put an empty box above the inner cover put one or two frames you want emptied in that box. Since the super is closer and the QE is below that it should work.

I would also stick an empty frame in the middle of the brood nest as swarm prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPlanter View Post

Here's what you could try:
    Put an empty box above the inner cover put one or two frames you want emptied in that box. Since the super is closer and the QE is below that it should work.

I would also stick an empty frame in the middle of the brood nest as swarm prevention.
    +1
    Inscrutable little bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPlanter View Post
    Does he have an extractor? Extract the deep frames and put those frames in the center of your deep and the bees will clean those combs and probably put the honey up above. Case solved. ?
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org