Thread: Fathers Day

Default Fathers Day

I want to share something with all of my friends and aquaintances I have made here.
    Many of you do not know this, but my family is a "blended" family. Meaning my family is a result of divorces, abandonment, adoption and remarriage. And yes I did finally marry my soul mate.
    My kids (our kids) have always been there for each other through thick and thin and are now grown adults. My kids have drive and direction like I've never seen before in kids. I am very lucky in that aspect and so are they. They have all become very productive and successful in life.
    I have been their father figure since their POS "dad" abandoned them when they were just 6 and 10. To this day he has not wanted to be a part of their lives. I still cannot fathom anyone doing that to their own kids. Oh well....his loss is my gain.

For years, I mean years, the "girls" called me by my first name. I always treated them like my own since the day I met them. I'd gladly take a bullet for any one of them.
    I consider myself a tough guy who can take almost anything and not shed a tear. Heck one day I accidently cut off the tip of my ring finger with a circular saw, super glued it shut and went back to work. I even took a pneumatic framing nail though the hand, pulled it out with my hammer and continued working. Tough like I said until one day my daughters decided to call me DAD. Hands down, that touched my heart like nothing else ever has or probably ever will. I MAY have even gotten a little teary eyed that day.
    Why is this screen getting so blurry all of a sudden? Where is the dang focus knob? lol
    Anyhow, this day holds special meaning for me because I have such great children, all of whom consider me DAD.
    Happy Father's Day to all dads and father fiqures out there. Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone very special to be a Dad. At least that's what I'm told.

Default Re: Fathers Day

Back at ya Beeman.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Very touching. I'm grateful for good men like you in this world. Happy Father's Day, your kids are lucky to have you!

Many have no idea how precious it is to have someone to wish you a happy fathers day!

That is a touching story Mr. Beeman. And I totally agree with Tenbears.

I've made some money, gained some property, served in a war time army, and done some other useful things for my fellow man, but nothing compares to raising two grown men that make their own way. Both of them will look you in the eye and do what they say they will. You can take their word for anything. Those two men are my only accomplishment of note. It's great being a father. Happy father's day to all.

To all the Dads out there, I thank God for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbears View Post
    Many have no idea how precious it is to have someone to wish you a happy fathers day!
    I know nothing or no one can replace your son. But you should know there are many who would be honored to have someone such as you for a dad. I feel honored simply to call you friend.

Happy Fathers day... Father to the entire tribe!