I just recently purchased 3 packages and installed them at the end of April (4-25-14).
These first 2 photos are of the successful packages.
It has been about 7 weeks after they got installed, and they are overflowing with bees.
Celestina and Elizabedda are their names.
My Gioffreda hive has the problem.:
Looks like some larva on this frame, but am not sure.
I gave this hive 2 frames from a prior hive that died out. That hive had an old queen.
The other package also got some frames from the dead out.
This is what one of the frames looked like.
I am expecting this hive to perform like the others. I tried to find the queen but am not sure.
I looked at the frames and didn't see any new larva, but no queen cells, so I am not sure if
there is a queen there and she is not laying, or what may be happening.
If someone can check out my photos and tell me what they think. I want to order a new
queen, but I also need to figure out what happened here. There are no queen cells, so
I may have gotten a bum queen.