Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Collecting cool apiary photos - care to add?

142K views 314 replies 116 participants last post by  UncleChet 
#1 ·
Making a slide show of really cool apiaries. I would like photos from all countries, and of all types, and all sizes. If you love your apiary, add your photo to this thread. If it works out, I will try and post it somehow so everyone can enjoy it.

Bee Tree Plant community Membrane-winged insect Yard

Tree Grass Plant House Beehive

See less See more
#114 ·
Can you tell I am getting impatient ready for the nectar flow to end - yep I am a newbie. Posted this on my FB page, " Reporting for duty, fill 'er up! No pressure, but there are a few dozen more waiting inside the house." The girls were not amused - got a few that buzzed my head and am lucky I didn't get stung.
Bee Honeybee Insect Apiary Membrane-winged insect

#126 ·
I had just taken over the yard from another long time beekeeper and so the fence setup was not mine. Redoing the fence was on my list of things to do and I got to work on it asap. The bear broke through the wires and was inside the fence. It was quite incredible seeing how it wallowed out the ground 3-4 inches deep while having its feast. The property owner called in the evening a day or two after the bear hit and I raced over. I replaced all of the wires with much stronger ones and only then did I realize that the charger was not zapping. I put my fingers on both terminals. Not a jolt. It was near dusk and a huge thunderstorm hit just as I drove over to friends to borrow a charger and battery. Worst storm I have ever driven through with so much water on the road that my alternator stopped working for a bit. I am glad that I did it though as when I returned with the new charger the bear was just walking up to the fence line. It was almost totally dark so I could not get a very good idea of its size other than big. The bear got a good 125 lbs of honey and a good bit of brood but for some reason did not go into the bottom deep. I brought that home and turned it into a queen castle as the queen became bear candy. I was depressed for a good day afterwords.

#128 ·
Ryan;
I had a bear 20 feet from one apiary the other day. Installed a fence immediately - with 110 current close by. I get nervous when I see beekeeper's photos like those. So much time, money, and joy down the esophagus of a bruin . . . bummer. I know they are just doing what comes natural, and I am certain the think the found a treasure, but wow, buggers. Sorry everyone :eek:t:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.