Default Bees very aggressive

I am in Northern bc I started two hives from Nucs in April. Added a second super the end of May. The bees are so aggressive neither I or the dogs can go within 50 feet without get stung. I have had bees for four years and have never had this problem before. I work my bees or use to without a bee suite. This year I cannot get near them.

On a side note they are both vary strong hives more bees than I have ever seen before as well.

Any ideas??

Thanks Steve

Default Re: Bees vary aggressive

looks like its time to requeen.

Yup. Aggressive bees not good.

You might want to set up a game camera to see if any critters are disturbing your bees at night before requeening.
    Zone 6b; Elv.3,600 ft.(1,097m); AA Rain 20.36 in. (51.72 cm)

That definitely sounds like something has been aggravating the bees. Similar experience when skunks, bears and other critters are causing a disturbance. Can't get near hive without bees bouncing of ones person.
    Chris
    Boundary Creek Beekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Needo View Post
    You might want to set up a game camera to see if any critters are disturbing your bees at night before requeening.
    Will do, see what is out there. I do live in the bush 5 clicks to anything or anybody.

Thanks for the insight.
    Steve

After checking to see if you have something making them feel threatened. take a look at the state of the hive see if they are in good shape, queens producing hive not backfilled, room for expansion if you have a flow. If they remain aggressive, and you choose to not deal with it, requeen with a bred queen from known gentle stock. Some strains are just that way.

Burns Lake, BC: - my first guess would be bear, probably younger, as the hives are still standing.
    After 35 years, I've come to realize that the bees can fix most of my mistakes.