Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Peaceful Hive Settings

5K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Bee Whisperer 
#1 ·
Finding locations for beehives. Sometimes there is just such peace for them and me.

Nature reserve Natural environment Natural landscape Plant community Biome
Nature reserve Tree Grass Plant Beehive

Share some of your peaceful hive photos.

See less See more
#4 ·
The crotch of that tree in your second photo looks pretty cozy as well!

To the right in our photo is a small table and a second chair. Hubby and i do spend long whiles there just watching the bees ...

"Marriage, birth or buryin',
News across the seas,
All you're sad or merry in,
You must tell the Bees."
~ Rudyard Kipling​

#8 ·
Riverbottom, what an inviting retreat! I love the slate path that leads to what i presume is a scenic overlook. And your hive is gorgeous ...

Sqkcrk, yes, there are observation windows in front of those chairs. And yes, it's a very meditative spot. I remarked to my husband a few weeks back that watching the bees going in and out of the hives would be more effective than a hypnotists stopwatch to put people under. Ever since i mentioned it, i've been clucking like a chicken (ok, bad joke!). The stool is there to serve as a little table, or to satellite around the hives for a closer look at this or that.

#15 ·
sqkcrk;
If you are referring to the ones in my post, they are built out of PVC pipe and painted. The paint preserves the PVC from UV rays. They are extremely strong and very stable. I put one under my Mercury Marquis, and it held up the whole side of it. They are light, and I can strap the stand together with the hive boxes for easy moving. Two people can use the stand to lift the hive up onto a truck. We have had very high winds, and the stands don't even budge. I use them exclusively. I even put a little axle grease around the four legs, and the ants can't get in. Plus, they are high enough to discourage some other pests. I found the plans online. I will see if I can find the site and post it.

#17 ·
78-79fordman;

My wife really liked the colors and the uniformity of your apiaries. There is a kind of peace in the structure and color. Are the two white ones swarm traps, on the ends of the second apiary? They look identical to my swarm trap design; even down to the hanger board on the side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.