Default Swinger / Hummerbee Modifications

Anyone do any useful mods on your Swinger or Hummerbee.?

I have added a few magnet strips to put hive tools on it more.
    Was thinking about a winch, I have a cradle for my boom I was thinking about using off the end of the forklift when I am alone wanting to change out bottom boards etc.

What mods improvements have you made?

Default Re: Swinger / Hummerbee Modifications

Coffee cup holder for those ugly morning unloads
    On both of my 10 year old swingers, added the load cushion option and moved the starter key from the middle where my knee would bust off the key to the side.
    On my new hummerbee, spread out the clamp to better fit 4 way pallets, and added a pintle hitch on the back for towing myself out of muddy situations.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasantvalley View Post
    On my new hummerbee, spread out the clamp to better fit 4 way pallets, and added a pintle hitch on the back for towing myself out of muddy situations.
    One thing I noticed with my swinger is that you cant use the clamps unless you are hauling 2 pallets of bee's. I need to make an extension so I can use it with one pallet.

Cup holder, yeah, I have thought about that one but haven't done it yet. Heres something that isn't a modification but an example of how optional equipment can be used. We have scales on all our machines and make note of how each yard nuc yard is weighing based on the reading for 4 high stacks of 4 way pallets as they are picked up to be hauled to the loading yard. By marking the origin of the yard the nucs came from on the boxes, the loading crew can alert the unloading crew on the other end if a yard is running particularly light so those pallets can be segregated and prioritized to be immediately fed or if they are overly heavy so they can be immediately supered. The scale also comes in handy when hauling honey to alert the operator if a pallet is particularly heavy so loading precautions can be taken. Wish the gauges were backlighted, though, so they could be easily read in the dark.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I put green slime in the tires and thats about it for now. Gonna have to swap some hydraulic lines around when i get time.

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    Cup holder, yeah, I have thought about that one but haven't done it yet. .
    You got that right.... beer assistant is hard to come by out in the field.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements