Default Bees forming wax comb all around caped grafted queen cells???

The grafts I did last week are now sealed and on day 7 the bees were busy building wax comb all around the caped cells across the bar and down.
    Whats up with that???? They had the queen cells all covered in white wax comb. I could see the darker wax they used to make the cells inside of the comb. I cut the comb off as well as I could and put cages over them.
    Has anyone else ever seen them cover the caped QC with wax comb?

Glen
    You Tube bee Channel Zone 5A
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GlenGH

Default Re: Bees forming wax comb all around caped grafted queen cells???

Someone else posted something similar, totally encased the cells in a wall of comb. Put a frame of foundation next to the grafts, it'll help draw attention away.

mine are doing the same, really good flow on right now, they are drawing comb all over, when you get ready to use the cells just cut the extra comb away, they don't usually put any on the end of the cell so the queen can get out, if they do just remove it down to the q cell.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    mine are doing the same, really good flow on right now, they are drawing comb all over, when you get ready to use the cells just cut the extra comb away, they don't usually put any on the end of the cell so the queen can get out, if they do just remove it down to the q cell.

Thanks guys!
    They drew comb around and under the QC so I cut off the extra and put on roller cages, moved then to a five frame nuc with three frames of brood and bees a frame of honey and a empty frame.. I moved them because I want to use the mother hive to do another round of queens with the Cloake board again tomorrow.

Glen
    You Tube bee Channel Zone 5A
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GlenGH