Default Hi Everyone; from newbies in Western Wisconsin

My husband and I have been considering getting bees for several years due to the fact we love local honey, we garden, and wish to help the environment!

We just obtained two very established colonies from a 30+ year beekeeper, working on downsizing into retirement. ( oh if we only knew half of his knowledge!) he and his lovely wife at Honey Glow Farms got us all set up and recommended this site for us.

I look forward to learning all about our wonderful family additions and we look forward to chatting with all of you!

Default Re: Hi Everyone; from newbies in Western Wisconsin

hi there fellow newbies from central Pa. there is a lot to learn I have been studying for a yr now, with webinars and internet, Ohio state has good webinars and they tape them so you can still listen to them, I have three hives and know a lot to look for, but today I sat there and just watched bees flying, and I could swear I saw bees coming out of one hive and go into the other, so I just got done installing a robbing screen and sure enough there's at least 50 bees trying to get in thru the screen, so good luck with he bees.

Hi Jenwen, welcome to the forums. I'm new here myself, so don't look to me for any answers.

I think you have a great source of info from the guy who set you up with the bees. If he's close to you, he'd be the guy who'd I would rely on. I've been reading these forums for sevreal weeks now, and I still find myself not knowing what some of these folks are talking about....but I'm learning...I think. Good luck with your girls.

Welcome to BeeSource! You'll find lots of good information here. Good luck with the new girls!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Beekeeping.

Welcome all the way here in Wisconsin also .... Im sure you are going to find lots of knowledge and friendships here on beesource.... Enjoy the ride
    "Anytime you see someone more successful than you are, they are doing something you aren't."

Welcome aboard, bees will keep you young in many ways!

Welcome Jen!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome Jen,
    You purchased your bees from fine beekeepers. A friend bought over 150 hives from them and is very pleased.
    Bristol, WI 7 mi N of IL 15 mi W Lake Michigan
    23 years Treatments as needed.

Welcome Jenwen, glad to see you found your way to the best beekeeping resource on the net. Thanks for the kind words and good luck with the bees.

Roger, glad those colonies are working out. It's shaping up to be a great year.
    Sheri