Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Interesting DC editorial countering the pesticide CCD hysteria the media loves

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Cam,
    You can't convince some people otherwise. There is too much emotional investment. It's feelings, not knowledge. Religion, not science. You can't fight it.

Default Re: Interesting DC editorial countering the pesticide CCD hysteria the media loves

Mark:

You've got it wrong. It's politics.

You're on the wrong side of the fence.

Until I see some proof I'll stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    But it's clear that it wasn't caused by neonics.
    But the article doesn't stop at "it wasn't caused by neonics", the article says nothing unusual happened at all, which is false.
    Beeless since 2012; coming back in 2014. Suffering from apicultural withdrawal!

Well, I read it and it said there was "confusion" about the losses which is absolutely true. Some report huge losses in the almonds this spring but many beekeepers report no major problems. It is also true that the numbers of bee hives in the US have remained pretty static. Read it several times and I couldn't find the quote "nothing unusual happened at all". Remember this article was mainly about last winter's loss nationwide. and the status of bees in the US. I don't disagree that there was CCD, but many beekeepers had losses from other causes and blamed it on CCD just like some blame neonics now. I believe the main cause of losses is PPBK. I know that's my problem with my losses last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by WLC View Post
    Mark:

You've got it wrong. It's politics.

You're on the wrong side of the fence.
    Yeah, like that never happened before.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Bottom line is somebody is gonna get a pocket full of $$$$$$ to Study this.... Nothing good shall come from it.

Look at the BIP latest.