Default queen interduction for russin queens

i am putting rushin queens in wild bee hives and need help i lost a lot of queens last year trying this this year going to build a cover over emerging brood with 1/8th hard ware cloth and leave it for a week ALSO is emerging brood good attendants for the queen or will they ball/kill her seams like they would fall in and accept her ... any thoughts would be appriciated
    thanks john

Default Re: queen interduction for russin queens

I don't follow. Where are the wild bee hives? In trees? Soffits? Walls? Why are you introducing Russian queens to wild hives? Do you have access to the brood comb?
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Yes, a push in cage is how you want to go if you are expecting problems.
    The perils of benefactors; The blessings of parasites; Blindness blindness and sight -Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light'

i am getting the wild hives from cut outs and taking best brood and some honey and putting it in hive body & frames some times we dont get the queen and some times they are just plain mean last year i think they were killing the queens on hives that were queenless. yes i do have brood comb

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    I don't follow. Where are the wild bee hives? In trees? Soffits? Walls? Why are you introducing Russian queens to wild hives? Do you have access to the brood comb?
    i am getting the wild hives from cut outs and taking best brood and some honey and putting it in hive body & frames some times we dont get the queen and some times they are just plain mean last year i think they were killing the queens on hives that were queenless. yes i do have brood comb

thanks for any help
    john

I want feral bees. I don't particularly want Russian bees. Local bees are better adapted to local conditions.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF