Default ButtsBees Medicated Liquid for SHB

Quote Originally Posted by cg3 View Post
    If you want me tp put this in my hives, you're going to have to say what it is.
    We are still working on labling requirements. We are asking anyone with background in this field to pm us.
    We understand the concern. The active ingredient is in one of the plant groups of Honey-B-Healthy.
    We want to get this labling issue resolved as bad as anyone, and as you can imagine we too have a vested intrest to protect.
    Thanks for your advice and comments
    ButtsBees
    Last edited by buttsbees; 05-12-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Default Re: ButtsBees has stopped Small Hive Beetle Outbreaks!

Quote Originally Posted by hilreal View Post
    Is there a warranty with this product to back up the hive beetle claims as well as the safety claim?
    Haven't considered this one. How about someone visit the yard and see? Word of mouth? Maybe some video footage?

While there are a lot of questions arising from this product, please keep question narrowly focused and restrain from bringing in other issues/topics.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Members are asking what the "Natural" ingredient(s) is. Please disclose what is on the label of the product.
    Again, we are asking for assistance here. We have a product that will need to address the ingredient label but we lack the commercial background.
    It is an essential oil.
    The active ingredient is in one of the plant groups of Honey-B-Healthy. We grow this herb.
    ~Behind the containers stand a hint of the scent.~
    ButtsBees
    Last edited by buttsbees; 05-12-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttsbees View Post
    Haven't considered this one. How about someone visit the yard and see? Word of mouth? Maybe some video footage?
    I was thinking more along the lines of if I buy it and it doesn't work I get my money back, similarly if it harms my bees. See Fischer's Bee Quick label and warranty for ideas. http://www.bee-quick.com/ Jim says if you aren't 100% satisfied costs will be refunded.
    20 hives, 10 years, T and TF, All local stock

Quote Originally Posted by hilreal View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of if I buy it and it doesn't work I get my money back, similarly if it harms my bees. See Fischer's Bee Quick label and warranty for ideas. http://www.bee-quick.com/ Jim says if you aren't 100% satisfied costs will be refunded.
    Thanks, I'm going to look that.
    Warranties are our best bet. I hope to figure something out by tonight.
    We're just gunshy of warrantys and the dishonest ones. Might be considered the cost of doing business.

Thanks to all for the PM's, emails, and helpful advice.
    ButtsBees

Again, we are asking for assistance here. We have a product that will need to address the ingredient label but we lack the commercial background.
    It is an essential oil.
    The active ingredient is in one of the plant groups of Honey-B-Healthy. We grow this herb.
    ~Behind the containers stand a hint of the scent.~
    ButtsBees
    Honey-B-Healthy contains spear mint. Spear mint is in the family of labiacae, as is thyme. Thymol, extracted from thyme, needed a registration and, despite being "food quality", Thymovar can't be used with honey supers on.

How can you claim that your product, which contains undisclosed ingredients, is legal in all countries of the world when products to which you liken it are not. Even the label of Honey-B-Healthy clearly states: don't use this product with honey supers on.

No one can claim to know the laws in effect "worldwide". Laws vary from one country to another, and being natural doesn't stop a lot of products from being banned in a lot of places. If it's not pesticide laws, it can be honey adulteration laws (introducing foreign particles in honey) or food labeling laws (ingredients needing to be listed) or any number of other laws and by-laws that could come make this product illegal. It doesn't even sound legal in the US as-is, and certainly isn't legal "worldwide". I very much doubt I could put undisclosed substances on my honey supers in Canada. Being natural doesn't automatically make it legal.
    www.apisrustica.com (French-only website) Bee Breeding: Canadian nuclei & queens
    www.facebook.com/Apis.rustica

We have made changes.
    Our website now includes a refund that mirrors other's reputable products.
    We also mirror others in the required disclosure by stating it as a formula of oils and herbal extracts.

So, Full refund and the product is a formula of herbal oils and extracts.

The following noted; As per Bee-Quick.

What's In Bee-Quick?........"we are not going to reveal our formula of oils and herbal extracts, either."

US Code section, Title 40, Part 180.1164

"...(d) Any edible food commodity... which is used as a pesticide is exempted from
    the requirement of a tolerance when used in accordance with good agricultural
    practices in or on all food commodities."

See exempt list; http://www.dirtdoctor.com/EPA-Exempt...List_vq288.htm

Thanks
    ButtsBees

"Honey-B-Healthy contains spear mint. Spear mint is in the family of labiacae, as is thyme. Thymol, extracted from thyme, needed a registration and, despite being "food quality", Thymovar can't be used with honey supers on.

How can you claim that your product, which contains undisclosed ingredients, is legal in all countries of the world when products to which you liken it are not. Even the label of Honey-B-Healthy clearly states: don't use this product with honey supers on.
    No one can claim to know the laws in effect "worldwide". Laws vary from one country to another, and being natural doesn't stop a lot of products from being banned in a lot of places. If it's not pesticide laws, it can be honey adulteration laws (introducing foreign particles in honey) or food labeling laws (ingredients needing to be listed) or any number of other laws and by-laws that could come make this product illegal. It doesn't even sound legal in the US as-is, and certainly isn't legal "worldwide". I very much doubt I could put undisclosed substances on my honey supers in Canada. Being natural doesn't automatically make it legal."

Ours is a food grade product.
    These herbal oils and extracts are allowed worldwide. If lip balm can be sold to the nation in question, so can this product.
    Therefore as per pesticides, yes, we are legal 'worldish'-wide, as you noted.

As per the adulteration of honey. We would conceded to not DRENCH the honey frames only as a matter of adulteration.

Honey B Healthy as fed in a syrup would adulterate the honey supers.

I am sure there will be legitimate unanswered questions as we try and market this product. Thank you for the constructive inquiry.

Thanks
    ButtsBees
    Last edited by buttsbees; 05-12-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: reply with quote

We have made changes.
    Our website now includes a refund that mirrors other's reputable products.
    We also mirror others in the required disclosure by stating it as a formula of oils and herbal extracts.

So, Full refund and the product is a formula of herbal oils and extracts.

The following noted; As per Bee-Quick.

What's In Bee-Quick?........"we are not going to reveal our formula of oils and herbal extracts, either."

US Code section, Title 40, Part 180.1164

"...(d) Any edible food commodity... which is used as a pesticide is exempted from
    the requirement of a tolerance when used in accordance with good agricultural
    practices in or on all food commodities."

See exempt list; http://www.dirtdoctor.com/EPA-Exempt...List_vq288.htm

Thanks
    ButtsBees
    Bee-Quick is used to repel bee for the harvest of honey. You forgot to add their mention that products made for this purpose are explicitly exempted from controls. Your product is not aimed at repelling bees for harvest. As for the quote you did add, 1) it only applies to the US and 2) leaves ambiguity as to what "good agricultural practices" involve, as in almost all cases, honey supers cannot be installed on a hive when it is being treated.

"Honey-B-Healthy contains spear mint. Spear mint is in the family of labiacae, as is thyme. Thymol, extracted from thyme, needed a registration and, despite being "food quality", Thymovar can't be used with honey supers on.

No one can claim to know the laws in effect "worldwide". Laws vary from one country to another, and being natural doesn't stop a lot of products from being banned in a lot of places. If it's not pesticide laws, it can be honey adulteration laws (introducing foreign particles in honey) or food labeling laws (ingredients needing to be listed) or any number of other laws and by-laws that could come make this product illegal. It doesn't even sound legal in the US as-is, and certainly isn't legal "worldwide". I very much doubt I could put undisclosed substances on my honey supers in Canada. Being natural doesn't automatically make it legal."

Ours is a food grade product.
    These herbal oils and extracts are allowed worldwide. If lip balm can be sold to the nation in question, so can this product.
    Therefore as per pesticides, yes, we are legal 'worldish'-wide, as you noted.

As per the adulteration of honey. We would conceded to not DRENCH the honey frames only as a matter of adulteration.

Honey B Healthy as fed in a syrup would adulterate the honey supers.

I am sure there will be legitimate unanswered questions as we try and market this product. Thank you for the constructive inquiry.

Thanks
    ButtsBees
    Thymovar is food-grade essential oils from thyme. It's still not legal to use it with honey supers on. Your product is a similar essential oil (if not the same one), why would yours be legal to apply while honey supers are on? Essential oils are volatile. They can easily contaminate the honey. I've heard of various reports of Thymovar strongly affecting the taste of honey, even if it's nothing but "food-grade herbal extracts". Laws regarding honey quality vary from country to country, but finding substances not naturally found in honey could be enough to have it label as contaminated.

You claim your product is legal because herbal oils are. While I won't bother disputing this latter claim, the fact remains that the sale and possession of the product being legal does not imply it's intended use is legal.
    www.apisrustica.com (French-only website) Bee Breeding: Canadian nuclei & queens
    www.facebook.com/Apis.rustica

He isn't saying the product kills mites or SHB, so it shouldn't require approval.
    His claim is that they don't like the stuff, so they leave or stay away.

Similar to people who use oxolic acid to bleach their top bars.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by KQ6AR View Post
    He isn't saying the product kills mites or SHB, so it shouldn't require approval.
    His claim is that they don't like the stuff, so they leave or stay away.

Similar to people who use oxolic acid to bleach their top bars.
    Thank you for the clarity. You are correct.
    ButtsBees

Default Re: ButtsBees Medicated Liquid for SHB

For those interested in a video of BeetleBlock applications, please visit; http://youtu.be/xtYrkYCXqnI
    Or search 'ButtsBees' on Youtube.
    Thanks
    ButtsBees

why don't you ask a cpl people from the miss beekeepers assoc. to visit your apiary?They can give a testimony[and advertising] in the monthly newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by baldwinbees View Post
    why don't you ask a cpl people from the miss beekeepers assoc. to visit your apiary?They can give a testimony[and advertising] in the monthly newsletter
    I have extended this same offer, open to all interested parties, in a previous post, (probably in the for sale section). We would agian like to offer a sincere invitation to all that would like to confirm our claims and in turn report their findings. Our address is posted on the website. Visitors welcome between 10a-2p. We are always here.
    In our behalf, please feel free to inform all of this offer.
    Thank You
    ButtsBees