>That would make a cool picture
What? A hundred queens? That would be nice picture for me...
The moment of truth is almost here, this weekend will be day 34, time to see if I have mated queens laying. The anticipation is eating me up, can't wait. To be prepared for what I find, I have a couple questions surrounding what to do based on what I find in my 3/3 mating castle.
If a particular chamber has a queen laying, should I wait to move them to a 5 frame Nuc or do it right away so the queen can get busy laying?
If a given chamber did not work out and I have no new queen, can I place those three frames of bees into an existing queen right hive? Do I need to do a newspaper combine? They will have been in the mating castle since may 11 and all brood will have been hatched since the 19th. Since they are beyond nurse bee stage will they fight in a new hive?
Thank you for any assistance
Thank you so much Rod. Got really lucky, they all took. I just posted a new question since nobody had answered.... Ok to move them into Nuc right away, any reason to wait? Weather forecast is good and the blackberries are poppin out.
I set up a starter hive, five frame nuc. It has hardware cloth on the sides at a cavity about four inches from the bottom. I wonder how cold is too cold for this nuc????
It is going down to 50 degrees here in ME Ohio at night. The nuc is inside a shed where it is out of the wind and is warmer.
I hope is ok to post this here.