Default Happy Beeswax Paintings in Richmond, VA

I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by posting in this section but I think my earlier post got buried.

I'd like to invite anyone in the Richmond, VA area to Arts in the Park, Byrd Park on May 3–4. I'll be in Booth #78 with my beeswax paintings in tow. I've been busy all week with preparations, including finishing touches on this fresh palette…

First Guitar.jpg

Final Wave.jpg

To see more, click beeswax paintings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beeswax Paintings; 05-02-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    Victoria Primicias | ARTECERA Beeswax Paintings

Default Re: Happy Beeswax Paintings in Richmond, VA

I just don't get "art."

My velvet Elvis and the framed picture of the dogs playing poker (those two dogs are STILL cheating) pretty much sums up the level of artistic appreciation that my mind absorbs.

Good luck with your show. If I were closer I'd surely come.

I like the textures and colors. Very Nice!!! I hope your show is fun and goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    I just don't get "art."

My velvet Elvis and the framed picture of the dogs playing poker (those two dogs are STILL cheating) pretty much sums up the level of artistic appreciation that my mind absorbs.

Good luck with your show. If I were closer I'd surely come.
    I like that, too! In fact, I have a line of dog greeting cards but not one with Elvis. Hmm. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by virginiawolf View Post
    I like the textures and colors. Very Nice!!! I hope your show is fun and goes well.
    Thanks, Virginia! I sold two of the paintings above. Richmond was good, my best show to-date.

These are great! How is the beeswax technically incorporated in the process? The second is very Turneresque in feel.
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

Went to your website and learned a bit about encaustic paint

What sort of price range do your paintings fall in?
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

Quote Originally Posted by WBVC View Post
    These are great! How is the beeswax technically incorporated in the process? The second is very Turneresque in feel.
    Glad you said that. I'm a big fan of William Turner.

I melt the wax with damar resin, then add powdered pigment. I use a pancake griddle (yes, very sophisticated) although recently, I purchased a "real" mucho bucks heated palette that I'm using for something called "encaustic monotypes" aka beeswax paintings on paper, a new direction for me. You can learn more about my process here.

I sell my paintings through a few online and bricks and mortar galleries, with prices ranging from $220 to $2,700 but I can offer better pricing (no commissions) if contacted directly.

SAM_2004_1.jpg

Thanks...pricing is reasonable. Are all your currently available pieces available for viewing on line?

Quote Originally Posted by WBVC View Post
    Thanks...pricing is reasonable. Are all your currently available pieces available for viewing on line?
    All paintings on my website are available, unless noted otherwise. I try to keep my website updated unless I get too busy doing a bunch of shows, which will start in late August. You can also view a selection of paintings on Artful Home or Saatchi Art. Again, contact me directly for better pricing.

Btw, I'm now offering giclée print reproductions through Etsy. Giclée is just a fancy name for inkjet. A 9x9" reproduction on 11x14" paper is $30. I'm still in the process of uploading more work. You'll see more landscapes and trees here, which was my earlier work, most of which has been sold.
    Last edited by Beeswax Paintings; 05-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.