Default would you reattach the comb?

I just inspected my TBH and noticed that one bar was being drawn off center or not on the comb guide which would mean that every comb after that could potentially be off center too. So I cut the comb off because it only had pollen in it (and some nectar but no eggs). Would you reattach this with string or zip ties to the center of the top bar or just let the bees start over?photo.jpg

Default Re: would you reattach the comb?

It isn't a huge comb, if it is just pollen and nectar I wouldn't. You could put it in the back of the hive for them to rob clean, but it is so small I don't think it is worth it.

Yeah I decide to just bring it inside. I slurped the honey off of it and even ate some of the pollen. Gotta say I'm not a fan of eating the pollen, at least in that form. But the honey or nectar was yummy. I always feel guilty destroying comb like that. They worked so hard on it.

for pieces like this, I always take them to the county fair or garden shows that I do. People love to touch it and handle it, and at least it doesn't go to waste when used for an educational thing like that.

Seems too small to bother reattaching. Perhaps use it as a feeder. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on one side and give it a little spray of water then place it in the bottom of the hive, can't get a more natural material for you feeder.