Default First swarm, advice on moving location

I retrieved my first swarm on Easter Sunday. It went well and brushed the swarm directly into a 5 frame nuc with one frame of old brood comb and 4 new frames of foundation. I got the nuc to my house when it started to pour rain. I opened the entrance and the following day they oriented and have been flying in and out of the hive. Unfortunately, I cannot keep them in my backyard due to city ordinance. I have a location for them, but am not sure how to best move them and transfer them into a 10 frame box. It's only been 2 days. Do I treat like hiving a nuc? Is smoke ok? I need to move at night to make sure all the bees are in, so do I go ahead with the transfer to 10 frame box tonight as well or just set up the nuc tonight and rehive tomorrow during the day? New location is more than 2 miles away, so I don't think I need to worry about orientation issues, right? Thanks for any help, and let me know if I missed anything.

Default Re: First swarm, advice on moving location

If you can wait til they have brood to do the transfer and move that would be my choice. I would move the nuc to the new location, then a few days later move them into the bigger box. Smoke is appropriate.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

How long should I wait before looking for brood? I don't want to screw anything up with this hive. I started last year with one hive and lost it over winter. I want to give these girls the best chances and dont want to open up too much if it puts them at greater risk of absconding or something.

Since you gave them comb, they might have brood already. But if you can wait a week without 'City' issues before digging into the nuc, that would probably be better.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft