Thread: Trap out

Default Trap out

I have been asked to remove some bees from a wall in a house with out cutting or damaging the wall. I looked at it today and it appears that the bees are going into the wall through two holes.

I plan on blocking one hole and putting a piece of pvc in the other hole to get them using it to enter and leave the hive. I then plan on putting a screen cone over the pvc to prevent re-entry into the wall and a swarm trap over the pvc with frames in hope of keeping them in the swarm trap. Will this work, if not i am open to suggestions on how to do this with out damaging the wall. I have attached a picture though not real good, it shows the area I have to work with.

image.jpg

Default Re: Trap out

Looks like the wood siding is pretty rotten, a trap out will not work too good. They will just chew another entrance/exit through those rotten boards. I would just do a cut out by removing the rotten wood and let the home owner replace them.

Default Re: Trap out

Quote Originally Posted by G3farms View Post
    Looks like the wood siding is pretty rotten, a trap out will not work too good. They will just chew another entrance/exit through those rotten boards. I would just do a cut out by removing the rotten wood and let the home owner replace them.
    This is good advice. That's how I would do it as well.
    John Sampson-Tucker County, WV
    14 hives - All cutouts and swarms