Default How to get a hive out of a wall without dismantling it

Besides all the honey super clears like honeybgone and honey robber wat is a home remady that i can use to bring the bees out without harming them for a "eve of a house "any pointers please HELP thank you

Default Re: How to get a hive out of a wall without dismantling it

You could do a "trap-out" to capture the bees without opening the wall. Trap-outs may get the honey out of the eves, but will not remove the wax comb.

You may find these trap-out threads useful:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ut-from-a-tree
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?265612-trap-out

You can send your email address to Cleo Hogan (see the second thread) for a copy of his trapout guide.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thank you and im gonna try that

The problem with a trap out is that all the larvae, nectar, honey, and dying bees that are left in the structure will start to rot and smell like the dickens in a short amount of time.
    Not to mention all the new bugs and rodents that will move in to have a free meal.
    It can take several months for a trap out to be successful and it may never be successful (queen removal).
    The best way is to remove everything. It's not real difficult to repair most eves. Best to call a local beekeeper to perform a total removal.

Ive done captured several hives to sucsessful . As getting all the honey broodnest and even the queen , and thats wat i was thinking about all the rot left behind , im trying to get n to them type extractions my self !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Beeman View Post
    The problem with a trap out is that all the larvae, nectar, honey, and dying bees that are left in the structure will start to rot and smell like the dickens in a short amount of time.
    Not to mention all the new bugs and rodents that will move in to have a free meal.
    It can take several months for a trap out to be successful and it may never be successful (queen removal).
    The best way is to remove everything. It's not real difficult to repair most eves. Best to call a local beekeeper to perform a total removal.

Beetle, if you want to get into it, hang out/help someone who knows how to do cutouts while they work. Quickest way to learn, & it's hands on.
    Please excuse me, I am now free to go manage & treat :)
    my ladies the best way I know how.

I. Have and im learning as well pops is showing me and a few locals is helping me as well

If a trap out is done properly you can get all the bees and stores out leaving only empty comb. if you are not sure you have them all leave the entrance open for a while and allow it to be robbed. After all the bees are gone use an insecticide duster to dust Powdered Borax into the hive and the bees will never return.

Thank u for that very good pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbears View Post
    If a trap out is done properly you can get all the bees and stores out leaving only empty comb. if you are not sure you have them all leave the entrance open for a while and allow it to be robbed. After all the bees are gone use an insecticide duster to dust Powdered Borax into the hive and the bees will never return.
    Depending on the size of the hive, you and the home owner will have to have your patience pants/dress on for this. Never? and the rodents & wax moths? What if it gets hot enough (ex. Hive under/following roof line),, for the wax to melt?
    Please excuse me, I am now free to go manage & treat :)
    my ladies the best way I know how.

NEVER. Powdered borax being an element does not decay and remains until removed, IT is a natural insect repellent and preservative and will even keep out wax moths, beetles, flies and some mammalians It is the best option if you cannot tear down the wall or structure. I never said it was optimal.