Default side by side atv/utv's

Most of the year I can drive into my yards, but early spring forces me to walk in, my knees are not what they used to be. any one have any experience with side by side atv's?

I'm looking at all of them, john deer gator 625i has reported many problems with gas in the oil that the dealers attribute to not working them.
    articat prowler 500hdx, only carries 600 lbs, 6 month warranty
    kawasaki 4010 gas or diesel, only 8 in ground clearance, gas engine has same problem as 625i, gas in oil but has 3 year warranty, slow but seems to have enough power for the load. I can't find much info on the diesel, but they stopped making them last year, most dealers still have some.
    every one seems to have polaris rangers, but the bed isn't large enough, and they seem to have had alot of problems with the engines since building them in Mexico.

anyone have any that they like or don't have any major problems with, else I guess I'll buy a small tractor with forks on it. thanks for any input
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Default Re: side by side atv/utv's

Mike, I was thinking the same thing today when a land owner felt sorry for me and gave me a lift into the yard with his atv. Problem is they are not good when there is more that 8 inches of snow on the ground, not bad in the mud.
    Here in CNY we need something with a track and a foot of ground clearance-like a snow cat that they use at the ski areas

We just got a new kubota rtv 500. Not the highest clearance or smoothest, fastest ride but built like a tank. More of a work vehicle than most. Some of the others might be better in mud but we needed something solid and dependable. Got rid of a polaris that was nothing but trouble. Nice simple machine with out all the gadgets, hydrostatic drive. All depends on what you want to do with it.

more of w\

We are just getting started with bees, but have 10 poultry houses, a 20 acre vineyard and assorted other things going on. We have two Kubota RTV 900's. They are diesel with hydraulic dumps and four wheel drive. We use them constantly for daily chores. During grape harvest they routinely tow trailers weighing 4500 lbs. They have 1400-1500 hours on them with absolutely no problems. I don't mean to sound like a Kubota salesman, but in my experience, you can't do much better. The only downside is they are not cheap!

thanks kubota was on my list for today to go see.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4brx4UY4UI not exactly an equal side by side comparison

I agree not exactly side by side. But, I admit the Ranger looks impressive. I also agree with Kelkenberg's earlier post, it depends on what you do with it. We rarely go very fast, but typically haul and pull much more than rated. Not so much in snow,but a lot of mud. For us the kubotas have been bulletproof. Thanks for the info.