Smile New!! Combo Nuc Screened Bottom Boards and 5-Frame Equipment!!

We are excited to announce that we are carrying our new Combo Nuc Screened Bottom Boards with all the features and accessories of our Combo Deep Screened Bottom Boards.

Check out the 5-frame equipment here http://store.countryrubes.com/nucs5frameequipment.aspx

We also have Nuc sized Deep and Medium Hive Bodies, Lids with MDO (medium density overlay) and Solid MDO Bottom Boards along with Small Hive Beetle Trap Trays and Mounted Beetle Baffles.

All of our wooden equipment is weatherproofed by boiling in a solution of paraffin and tree rosin. Since all the moisture in the wood is boiled out, it CANNOT ROT. Never needs painting and assembled, it's ready to use as soon as it comes out of the box.

Default Re: New!! Combo Nuc Screened Bottom Boards and 5-Frame Equipment!!

Does the MDO take the dip well? It doesn't delaminate?

Default Re: New!! Combo Nuc Screened Bottom Boards and 5-Frame Equipment!!

Thanks for the question.
    We went with the MDO lids because Randy Oliver has been using them for years. We learned to weatherproof by using Randy's dip tank. Since we have had no experience ourselves with MDO productsm (we just bought them), I wrote Randy and asked if had any problems with delaminating or warping and he just wrote back.
    "Have used them for many years. I hot tank them prior to use. If hot tanked, zero problems with them, except sometimes rats chew them--apparently to get at the glue, but this is only when they are stored.
    I like how they are heavy, so the wind does not blow them off.
    Randy"
    And to find out how many years, I called Stewart at Shastina and he told me Randy bought them around 2007/2008 and hasn't bought them since. They really do last.