I am trying an experiment based on what I have read in the past year or so of Tim Ives' management style (big colonies, early supering to prevent swarming).

I overwintered my (single) hive with three deeps, which were full of honey and pollen. The colony is ramping up nicely (though I don't have a Tim Ives level of population). About ten days ago I inspected, had capped drone, put on four supers (he uses seven typically). My understanding is Tim supers before the drone emerges. Tim said in a post that the drones take 16 days to mature and so when they emerge, the bees will make their queens cells (if they are going to).

My question is this: Tim Ives alternates undrawn foundation in first box, then drawn, undrawn, etc.. In addition, once they get started, he rotates undrawn boxes downwards to just above the brood boxes. I don't have any drawn medium frames to put in the supers but the top (3rd) deep has a lot of honey. Should I be worried that they won't cross that box to draw frames and store nectar in the four supers above it? Should I put the deep of honey above one of the supers to get them crossing (and drawing) the foundation in a super? My other concern is, if I do that, the queen might start laying in that box... but if that is a risk I must take, I will deal with it.

Anyway, as a third year beekeeper with one hive (lost three to AFB last summer), despite all my reading here, I need some advice. I was planning on inspecting tomorrow - and if I see any swarm cells, remove them, and move the top (third) deep up and place a super between it and the bottom two deeps.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Want to have a plan (and some confidence in it) before I go in tomorrow. Or perhaps I should just leave them alone?

Thanks in advance.