Thread: My First Swarm

Default My First Swarm

These are pictures of my first swarm ever,they were on a Maple tree that over hung a small city street. A co-worker called me at work at 4:45pm.It was almost 6pm before I finished. I just trimmed the small branches off then cut them off the tree and let them fall into a cardboard box, I will install them as a package tomorrow. I managed to do this and only got stung once, this is also my first time of handling bees of any kind. Hope the pix come through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: My First Swarm

That is a dandy swarm for sure!!
    Good job on getting them put up, a real confidence booster for first time ever handling bees too!!

uuuhh looks like you need a taller truck LOL!

Real nice looking swarm for sure. Good catch. Keep us posted.

Nice! and how convenient you could pull right up under it. Let us know haw it does!

Well, I housed them this morning and they wern't exactly happy. Boy did I learn something about how to get them out of a box for the future.Hope I set them up okay, gave them about a qt. of syrup,pollen patty, and water close by. Did I miss anything. We have several fruit trees in bloom along with maples,lilac, purple mustard etc.. It's in the lower 60's and they are buzzing around so I hope all will be fine.Thanks to all of you for you encourgement and advice, it helps.