Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help me with some research. It's an interesting story too. My mother just sold her house, as my step father passed away a couple years ago. Well in the process of packing up her things to move, and my step father's belongings, we found a large barrel in a shed. After asking her, my mother told me that my step father stored the barrel there for a friend (who has moved and doesn't want to deal with it now). She said the barrel is filled with honey and possibly honey comb. So this barrel is HEAVY! My husband thinks it weighs at least a few hundred pounds or more. We moved it to our house (just curious to see what was inside), opened it and found fairly clear honey substance. It seems to be crystallized half way down. If there are combs in the barrel, they must have sunk to the bottom. The liquid smells sort of fermented. My mother was brave and tasted it. She said it didn't taste bad. The inside of the barrel seems in good shape, but outside is a bit rusted. Interestingly enough, it's been in that shed for over 10 years. What do you think the viability of this honey is? Can it be saved, and moved to smaller containers? Tried to attach a picture, but couldn't get it to work.

Appreciate any help!

Laura